Two Rocker box covers

heinkeljb

Two Rocker box covers

Post by heinkeljb »

I am looking for two rocker box covers - I take it they are identical? If not then, one left and one right please...

Let me know via a PM

Many thanks,

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
Vampyr

Re: Two Rocker box covers

Post by Vampyr »

Are you still locking for these John.
Regards Danny.
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Hi Danny,

You'r a bit late or I'm a bit slow at updating threads!

I actually get a couple of rocker box covers a while back and I am in the process of figuring out how I am going to alter them to allow me to adjust the valves without taking the covers off along with the oil return tubes. This particular aspect of adjusting valve clearance (which they knew would happen frequently) seems stupid.... The oil return tube is relatively inaccessible to clean all the way round before you take the cover off and pull the pipe and rubber seal off the crankcase - might be difficult for you to clean but dirt can find it with no trouble! The hole into the crankcase and the engine oil is immediately available to any dirt you did not clean off......

So my thoughts were to alter a set of rocker covers along the lines of contemporary motorcycles and just have some small covers over the relevant bits that you remove.

Still working on suitable sizes of holes and covers and fixings.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
Vampyr

Post by Vampyr »

Thanks John, I was just looking through the wanted threads and saw your post, I am still sorting through the bits and pieces I have and had two rocker covers spare, Have more than enough to restore one haffy and would part out the other. I have yet to enjoy working on the engine yet as I am doing rust repairs. regards Danny