Looking for a few more assemblies..

cascade.king

Looking for a few more assemblies..

Post by cascade.king »

I'm looking for the following parts that would fit my 71 Haflinger Pathfinder;

First, I'm looking for a pair of rear seat "flip lids." My lids are too far gone to save, but I have usable rear seat frames, so all I really need are the lids themselves.

Second, since my Hafi's fuel tank is a custom set-up (the original one rusted away) without the hard plumbing for fuel (uses regular fuel line) I would like to replace it with an original fuel tank and fuel plumbing (up to the banjo fitting at main platform level). I'll need the tank and lines, but my mount straps are still ok..

I know that the UK/AT vendors have recreations of these parts, but I'm interested in finding them in North America..

Shoot me a PM or shout out here if you have some of these you are willing to part with..
Thanks!
Mike
1971 North American 700AP Haflinger Pathfinder
HaffyHunter

Re: Looking for a few more assemblies..

Post by HaffyHunter »

Hi Mike,

When I restored my truck I was on the same quest as you are now. I managed to find NOS rear seat lids from a private seller in Austria with help from Leonardo Castiglione. They weren't cheap but it was my only hope as everything else I found in NA was too rusted out. For the fuel tank I bought a reproduction from Dale then traded it with a friend here for his original tank that needed a bit of work as he didn't mind using the repro. Again this was my only option at the time. Since then I have occasionally seen single seat doors on eBay.de but have never found an NOS fuel tank. I've kept all the old seat doors from the trucks I've scrapped in hope of one day having enough good portions to rebuild a pair to help someone else out but am far from that goal yet.
I'd recommend that you contact Leonardo to see what he can find overseas through his connections for you.

Good luck in your hunt,
Steve
cascade.king

Post by cascade.king »

Hi Steve,
Yeah.. I hear what you are saying. I know the 3 bits I listed are 3 of the 4 most prone to corrosion (the 4the being the rear body cross-spar that the engine access door connects to) but I figured I'd give it a try before I start putting the rest of my truck's body into repair.

Making new lids with diamond plate or crossed-braced steel isn't really too difficult, and brand new ones thru Haflinger Technik would probably cost $1k after shipping/duty.

The previous owner made a rear spar out of angle iron that is so simple in design that I am keeping it on the truck as a testament to his ingenuity.. and that it "works" to the nature of this type of vehicle.

I know a few members of this forum have 1 or more parts vehicles that may have the parts I'm looking for..
If they do.. Please let me know.

Thanks!
Mike
Goatwerks

Post by Goatwerks »

Get your butt on ebay, Robert has them listed , very good price , under $265 US ea
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sitzdeckel-link ... 1e97fa77e8
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sitzdeckel-rech ... 27f63022e8
cascade.king

Post by cascade.king »

Thanks!
Mike