Winch or accessary for 700AP Haflinger

bernard callahan

Winch or accessary for 700AP Haflinger

Post by bernard callahan »

I have just brought a 700AP with a PTO. I would like to get a winch or some sort of accessary to hook up to PTO, would anyone have something or any ideas
Techmogogy

Re: Winch or accessary for 700AP Haflinger

Post by Techmogogy »

What rpm does it spin at?
That will help determine what you can hook up to it
--------------
72 Pathfinder Hafi
75 710M Pinzgauer 2.7i
96 350GDT
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

bernard callahan wrote:I have just brought a 700AP with a PTO. I would like to get a winch or some sort of accessary to hook up to PTO, would anyone have something or any ideas
Is it a 700 or a 703 - I thought PTOs were only fitted to 703s but have seen some PTOs retrofitted to 700s with home made accessories.

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
bernard callahan

I'm not sure what rpm it spins at, I will find out. It seems to me it is factory fitted. It only has the left hand rear seat foot well and on the right hand side has a lift up flap for belts to come through and hook up to an attachment. The belts are still there.
Attachments
6hgLqGWHQ72wl+JZShnfJQ.jpg
sFWi9tdzTWKrh+3bMZuGLg.jpg
bernard callahan

It was first owned by ICI, a chemical company and had a spray unit fitted to it for spraying crops based at Griffith NSW. The spray unit was driven by the PTO. It has a fibre glass cabin fitted to it and doors that I think were Australian built in Geelong Victoria, not many were fitted as they were expensive to buy and most people went with the canvas hoods.
Attachments
goiCpFj5RuOOANXkGat9qA.jpg
86WF8gnVSkufSRqK68TueQ.jpg
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Basically you could fit anything that need to be turned! The electric generator part from a defunct petrol generator to give you AC mains. Or a hydraulic pump to then run any thing that works from a hydraulic pump, motors, tools, rams to name but a few.

You are looking for Rarer than rare if you want one of those winches like the one that has just been refurbished and pictures shown on Facebook.

Apart from the roll cage/ roof rack bit and possibly the exhaust system, it looks like it is original and certainly was setup to have the PTO fitted.

Nice find!

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!