Lost Haflinger-Toyota Hybrid

tteltrabd

Lost Haflinger-Toyota Hybrid

Post by tteltrabd »

Does anyone have a current phone number for Tony Skarabot in Cairns, Australia? He has lived at the same address since ever, but there is no listing for him now. He was the restorer of the one I am still chasing. I have now returned to the property and seriously need a replacement Haflinger (in Australia). Not looking for a garage queen, or an original collector's piece, just a good solid workhorse. This thread has been moved from "Lost Haflinger-Toyota Hybrid" which has more detail. Brown one in image. Many thanks, Dale
https://www.thehaflinger.com/viewtopic. ... 948#p12948
"I am a former owner of a Haflinger and am trying to track down the current owner, if it has survived.
The particular Haflinger had a Toyota 600 conversion and a fully re-built body. I sold it along with another original one whilst in the middle of a disastrous divorce and have regretted it ever since (the sale). I am interested in the Toyota model as it is of significant sentimental value to me. The one I am searching for had a rebuilt body out of heavy gauge steel except for the upper front section. The tray was flat plate (no ribbing). Fiberglass roof. Chocolate brown body, yellow roof. Sold to Maurice Raiola in Sydney. Collected from Ipswich in SE Queensland in 2000.
I would be very grateful for any and all information."
Tony rebuild 1.jpg
heinkeljb

Re: Lost Haflinger-Toyota Hybrid

Post by heinkeljb »

Good luck with the hunt! Might pay you to take a holiday and actually visit / check out local electoral rolls / local car - Land rover clubs.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
tteltrabd

Re: Lost Haflinger-Toyota Hybrid

Post by tteltrabd »

After exhausting all leads, I have decided to give up the search for my old hybrid. That being said, I still have a need for such a vehicle for our rural retirement retreat. I have been looking at Kawasaki Mules and similar, but consider the Haflinger still to be superior for my purposes. That said, I am now in the market for a Haflinger anywhere in Australia (I am on the border between NSW and QLD). It will be put to general work, but well cared for. It does not need to be museum quality original, but my plan is for long-term ownership, so must be in sound usable condition, as rust-free as possible. Any and all leads or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My direct email is:
dale <at> realtimeinternational <dot> com <dot> au
Regards,
Dale