Wanted: Dual speed windscreen wiper motor for Haflinger

heinkeljb

Wanted: Dual speed windscreen wiper motor for Haflinger

Post by heinkeljb »

Following on from a post I read, I am looking for a two speed wiper motor for a Haflinger. I understand they were a requirement for American versions.

So if anyone has a spare they would be happy to part with, let me know. Or if you know of a two speed wiper motor that is current production that fits or can be made to fit with minimal alteration to either the motor or the Haflinger - I am interested!

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
HaffyHunter

Re: Wanted: Dual speed windscreen wiper motor for Haflinger

Post by HaffyHunter »

Hi John,

Wiper motor from a 1969 VW Bettle is the 2-speed version of our Haflinger's wiper motor. The VW version uses a slightly diferent bell crank arm which is easily swapped out for the Haflinger version.
Only the 1971 & newer US Pathfinder model used the 2-speed wiper. These US Pathfinders also included windscreen washers. To my knowledge the 2-speed wipers were never mandatory, just part of the many small upgrades provided with those models.

Cheers,
Steve
heinkeljb

Re: Wanted: Dual speed windscreen wiper motor for Haflinger

Post by heinkeljb »

Thanks for that Steve,

I’ll go looking for one when I get back to the UK.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!