Fuel Tank

tteltrabd

Fuel Tank

Post by tteltrabd »

I have managed to find myself a replacement Haflinger (see my previous posts). Generally good condition and nice back-story, but there is some assembly required...

To that end, does anyone have a lead on a fuel tank before I launch into fabricating a replacement?

Many thanks,
Dale
heinkeljb

Re: Fuel Tank

Post by heinkeljb »

Hi Dale,

First things first, can you put a bit more detail in your profile like where in the world you are please? This is an international forum so people can see where you are.
Next, do you know which type of fuel tank you are looking for? There are at least 3 different sorts fitted to Haflingers, most common are the Mark I and the Mark II. The Mark I is the one fitted under the right hand side of the platform and fitted to the rear of the rear passenger footwell. The Mark II is a different shape and fitted just behind the front left hand side wheel.
There were variations depending on how the Haflinger was fitted out, e.g. Some Municipal's had a side filler which came out through the side panels on the platform.

I have a slightly rusty Mark I tank I could part company with. Lurch is a Mark II so it doesn't fit - at least not with out some rather major bodywork!

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
AustHaflinger

Re: Fuel Tank

Post by AustHaflinger »

tteltrabd wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:58 am I have managed to find myself a replacement Haflinger (see my previous posts).
Dale
Hi Dale - people are not going to go searching for previous posts so please put links in or include relevant details- is just makes things a lot easier.

As John said - we need to know which tank you are looking for.

Cheers

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)