It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:59 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:42 am 

heinkeljb wrote:
(That one is that price at the moment via Europarts on Black Friday deal).

John

What is this "Black Friday" - I have heard it referenced on a few forums - here Black Friday is Friday the 13th and it is well the 13th of the month.

Garry

Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:48 am 

Black Friday is a marketing come on method in the U.S.A.. It's the day after Thanksgiving Day, and the day that many businesses give sizable discounts for their products.

Fights, riots, beatings in the malls generally ensue. Great fun to spectate.

So - there's Black Friday, Small Business Sunday (you're supposed to buy things at local small businesses), and Cyber Monday (for online retailer orders).

All B.S., of course, but the masses go wild.

One of the entertaining things to watch is that many items will be marked down to even less expensive levels a week after Black Friday - but again, the masses seem to forget that.

Here's a good video from a day or so ago....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG6q7Paglyc

Swiss 1963 700AP, Weber 32ICS carb, electric fuel pump, Black Diamond XTR 25x8x12 tires, Pertronix, civilian ignition and regulator system conversion, extra fuel filters, 4 point belts, NATO 3 color camouflage, Cobra CB radio, battery cut off switch

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:35 am 

Ok thanks - hopefully it will stay in the USA but unfortunately the commercial sector here try to bring Americanisms here for there own purposes. Halloween is an example - yes is actually Northern European but the commercial US aspect has been imported here where it has not been part of our culture and any form except for the last few years where shops have got onto it in a big way.

Any kids come to my place my response is "we do not celebrate Halloween in Australia and if my place gets egged I know where you live" :evil:

Bah Humbug :lol:

Back on topic though - you have to be careful how much you allow the swing arms to drop because the springs can fall out without the right length straps in place. My straps were broken when I got my Haffy and when I first jacked it up and the swing arms dropped the spring did not fall out but I was able to pull it out with my hand with no effort - so there was a chance if offroad the spring could have dropped out.

Garry

Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:50 am 

Yah, I think you guys are already doomed, American advertising agencies are in league with the devil, there's not much stopping them.

Good point about the springs. I guess between the straps, and the shocks, both of those are limits to the amount of droop. On a related note, my experiment with wider steel limit straps has made absolutely no difference, but maybe it'll last longer than the stock number of strands.

Jhon - 11" is my ground clearance under the engine guard, but I'm also running those larger tires.

Swiss 1963 700AP, Weber 32ICS carb, electric fuel pump, Black Diamond XTR 25x8x12 tires, Pertronix, civilian ignition and regulator system conversion, extra fuel filters, 4 point belts, NATO 3 color camouflage, Cobra CB radio, battery cut off switch

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10