over 100 users registered on thehaflinger.com

Markus
Site Admin

over 100 users registered on thehaflinger.com

Post by Markus »

Hi Everyone,

We now have 100 users registered on thehaflinger.com and I would like to thank all of you for contributing to this website.

So a big round of applause to all of you that have contributed and would like to take this opportunity to invite all the users that have not posted yet to do so and introduce yourselves.

This website is for all people who share a common interest in maintaining the Haflinger for years to come. if you know of other owners what may not be aware of this resource please share the link and get them involved

Remember it´s what you make of it.

Kind Regards,
Markus & TheHaflinger.com
AustHaflinger

Re: over 100 users registered on thehaflinger.com

Post by AustHaflinger »

Markus - I would like to thank you for setting it up. It is my primary source of information. The Yahoo sites were/are great also, but much more cumbersome to use.

Thanks

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Markus,

I agree with Gary, this sort of forum is much easier to use.... I hope we are not over running your bandwidth / storage limits.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

This thread prompted me to click on the Members icon at the top to see who has been posting - there are only 12 people with more than 50 posts. Despite being members for some time, there are many members who have not posted at all. And others who have posted, got their answers and not continued to post. I also notice that there are some Haflinger personalities over on the Real 4x4 website who are not on here or rarely post.

Now that is their prerogative but it would be nice if they could give us the wisdom of their experience on The Haflinger.com. Likewise it would be nice if those large number of silent members on our site told us about their vehicles and share their experiences.

Do I have an answer - I certainly do not as I know a lot of people just like to watch but maybe when someone new comes on, as part of the joining process they be asked to post a little about their vehicle if they have one or their aspirations.

Cheers

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Lurkers are a well know fact on forums!

Other than physically cornering them and demanding an answer (which you would probably have to post)! I don't know of anyway to get the silent majority to find a voice and post some thing.
Maybe, a PM to each new member? Not sure that would work as I bet most don't ever come back the site and so would not see the PM.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
Markus
Site Admin

Post by Markus »

I don't think there is a need to force people to post, there is loads of good information now online that people will use and it will grow with time. I'm happy when people can use this information to restore/maintain their haflingers. i know when I was restoring my haflinger I didn't have much spare time to post about my progress and experiences, But... i hope with more support and information being available on this website people will save more time finding info and therefore will have more time to contribute.

Keep up the good work,
Markus