What, if any, tools & spares do carry on board?

Julian B

What, if any, tools & spares do carry on board?

Post by Julian B »

When I stripped out my Haflinger for its restoration I found a load of tools that I had forgotten that I had hidden away in an under-platform box. :oops:

I had
  • a Haflinger scissor jack & bar
    a couple of spark plugs
    a plug spanner
    a litre of engine oil
    a tool roll with a few old tools (pliers / screwdriver / spanners / hammer etc)
Not sure that I will put them all back in, but it made me wonder what "stuff" others routinely carry. ;)

[All of this is in addition to the bottle of fuel additive, a home made wooden fuel tank dipstick, a couple of dip stick wipes, & spare bulbs when going abroad]
Julian B
W Sussex, UK

| '62 Early Series I SWB | '72 Series II LWB |
| '56 Citroën Traction Avant |
heinkeljb

Re: What, if any, tools & spares do carry on board?

Post by heinkeljb »

All that sounds like the minimum I carry when driving Lurch! I have tow straps, air compressor, fire extinguisher, warning triangle / beacon, tool roll of spanners, tarpaulin.

I would like to be able to fix / correct any minor breakdown with out having to involve the RAC. I have them as a backup in case something major breaks and would need actual replacement in order to get going again.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!