Laying up a Haflinger

heinkeljb

Laying up a Haflinger

Post by heinkeljb »

Actually, the title is not quite right, but I couldn't think of a better one quickly!

What I was actually going to ask was:-

How long have you left your Haflinger between starts? I have just been on holiday for two weeks and it will only be the end of the third week before I can get an opportunity to run Lurch. Now I am not talking about specifically doing anything to lay the vehicle up for winter or because you are going to do extended rebuilds on it or anything, just everyday = haven't driven it for a while but I expect it to just start and drive type of time scale.

I suppose charging the battery in between is acceptable as they do die in various ways with out reason.

John
(and Lurch who has been left on his own for 2 weeks!)
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
AustHaflinger

Re: Laying up a Haflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

I thought this how you laid Lurch up ;)
Lurch laid up!.jpg
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Nah!, Lurch was drunk that day and fell over.... :lol: Lurch normally sleeps on four wheels on the driveway.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
Bigdougal

Post by Bigdougal »

Hi John,

Given you have a battery cutout switch on yours you shouldn't bleed to much power from the battery, just normal discharge which if I remember correctly is about 5% a week.

If you wanted to be really cute you could put it up on axle stands.

Oh yeh, don't forget a warm blanket, hot water bottle and a mug of horlicks.
Cheers

Doug Hart

1972 AP 700