hard to start my haflinger

jhon

Re: hard to start my haflinger

Post by jhon »

fred1141 wrote:Good day,
Have you looked on http://www.kijiji.ca and type Quebec region, you'll find used one at around $1500cdn, if you're interested, I can help you for the shipping.....
regards,
Hey Fred - well done on getting your engine running well - it's always nice when it's something simple and inexpensive. (If you find it cutting occasionally on to one cylinder that might be a sign that the plugs are starting to foul, in which case you could try one range hotter).

I just wanted to say thanks for your kind offer of help with shipping tracks - I've been researching heavily, looking at adverts and chewing over in my mind the last few days if the tracks are really an option that I want to go for, and I’ve reached a decision.
The gearhead side of me says, ‘Go for it – they are soooo cool! They’ll be awesome! Think of the places that you can go and all of that extra ground clearance you’ll have!’
The logical, rational side of me says’ ‘You don’t really have a ‘need’ for them, you’ll use them a couple of times – take them off when you want to do road miles, get fed-up taking them on/off, parts will be hard to get hold off and you could really use the money elsewhere, etc.’

So… it looks like I’ve talked myself (with some help from the wife – who is not a gearhead) out of it; I’m going to enjoy reading more about yours though – and who knows – if climate change does have a huge effect and the winters get a lot worse, then I may take you up on your offer!
fred1141

Post by fred1141 »

Good day everyone,
Here is a picture of my haflinger in the snow!
(I don't know why, but the picture is upside down.....if you click on it you should be ok)
Attachments
IMG_9801.jpeg
jhon

Post by jhon »

Nice one Fred - and here is one of mine in the snow! This was taken yesterday on my way to our 4WD club trial event - I could have done with your tracks!

Edit to sort photo.
Last edited by jhon on Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fred1141

Post by fred1141 »

Nice! How many you own?
Techmogogy

Post by Techmogogy »

fred1141 wrote:Good day everyone,
Here is a picture of my haflinger in the snow!
(I don't know why, but the picture is upside down.....if you click on it you should be ok)
Great shot!
When you get a chance I would love to see how they are mounted (mainly the arm that attaches to the Haflinger - how and where!)
Cheers and it looks like you can get around all winter with that setup!
Dan
--------------
72 Pathfinder Hafi
75 710M Pinzgauer 2.7i
96 350GDT
fred1141

Post by fred1141 »

Good day Dan,

Those tracks are TATOU tracks, made in Quebec. The only thing you need to buy is a wheel adapter 98 to 3.75 to fit the haflinger bolt pattern.I have not installed arm to prevent the tracks from turning around the drum because you can't go very fast! 2nd gear only and 3rd if the snow is packed.....

I'm looking to buy a set of bumpers for it, do you have some for sale? From which part of Ontario you are?

Thanks!
jhon

Post by jhon »

fred1141 wrote:Nice! How many you own?
Just the one Fred (when I said in my post - '..here is one of mine...' I meant, here is one photo..lost in translation..lol)
fred1141

Post by fred1141 »

My misunderstanding.....Sorry :)
jhon

Post by jhon »

fred1141 wrote:My misunderstanding.....Sorry :)
No need to apologise Fred - Cheers!