Jerry can holder

Julian B

Jerry can holder

Post by Julian B »

Feel free to call me "Mr Unobservant" but this morning is the first time that I have noticed the lack of a petrol (/gas) jerry can holder on my LWB Haflingers. My early SWB has one.

Do any of the LWB machines have them, or was it only the SWB? Or perhaps they were deleted during the Series I / Series II update?
Julian B
W Sussex, UK

| '62 Early Series I SWB | '72 Series II LWB |
| '56 Citroën Traction Avant |
heinkeljb

Re: Jerry can holder

Post by heinkeljb »

Lurch is the same year as yours Julian, but I have never seen petrol can holder on any LWB except for one which was a purpose built bracket (I think the pictures and write up were on the old Yahoo site.

Basically he produced the same sort of bracket as used to hold the spare wheel holder but in the gap between the battery box and the Mk11 fuel tank.
It would fit a 5 litre version of the "Jerry can" with the fill hole at the top and the handle part at the bottom so you can just open the catch and grab hold of the handle and pull the petrol can out.

I was thinking of make one for Lurch at some point, could just a easily make you one as well Julian if you want. Although it is likely to be a while as I am still sorting out the rear seats.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
pathfinder700ap

Post by pathfinder700ap »

Hello,

there also exists an original 20 l jerry can holder which is fitted between fuel tank and battery box on Series 2 LWB Haflingers. I do not have a good picture at the moment, but it can be seen in tdc.haflinger-4wd.com/literature/magazines/1975-hobby.php

I think that this jerry can holder was rarely fitted, though.

Cheers,
C.
Julian B

Post by Julian B »

Thanks Constantin!
Julian B
W Sussex, UK

| '62 Early Series I SWB | '72 Series II LWB |
| '56 Citroën Traction Avant |