HALLOWEEN

Post by fred1141 »

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!
Attachments
IMG_4094.JPG
heinkeljb

Re: HALLOWEEN

Post by heinkeljb »

Interesting! What do you do with all of them? Drive down the road and hand them out to whom ever wants one?

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
mechanical horse

Post by mechanical horse »

Hey fred1141,
What a top photo, am very impressed with the load that is on board. If you have any left over after giving them away as John suggests, you could always give them to Peter as he absolutely loves them.
Regards Rick.
fred1141

Post by fred1141 »

Let me see how much it will cost to ship to the UK and Australia :lol: ;)

... ah ah my wife likes to cook with pumpkins a lot! :-)
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

I am glad we basically do not celebrate Haloween here, 5 year olds don't like being told to #$% off or being given Warhead sour lollies - just one more commercial opportunity for business to sell stuff. Though business is trying hard to make this as part of our culture.

Bah Humbug
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
kerry460

Post by kerry460 »

Garry ,
i totally agree .
i could say more but will not .

kerry
ex Tasmanian Haflinger agent .
1984 G Wagen 300GD auto
Techmogogy

Post by Techmogogy »

Halloween is the best!!
I am not into the commercial side of it - we just scare the heck out of kids and adults alike!
Scaring and being scared is the best
--------------
72 Pathfinder Hafi
75 710M Pinzgauer 2.7i
96 350GDT
mechanical horse

Post by mechanical horse »

Hey Techmogogy,
A great American tradition that I am sort of glad we haven't picked up. But surely it has its dangers as well. We have a fad here at the moment called Scarey Clown, where blokes dress up as clowns and arm themselves with generally fake knives or axes and jump out at women and kids, while yelling and screaming and chase them down the street. What a hoot, scaring the bejesus out of people like that.
The dangers I speak of is not someone dropping dead of heart failure, but what happens when the worm turns. We had a prank locally last week where 3 blokes jumped out at a group of women and kids and gave them the fright of their lives. The clowns thought it was a hell of a joke but the womens husbands who were nearby never thought it funny at all.
Two of the clowns were seriously flogged and shown the error of their ways and the third clown fled for his life to the nearest police station for some protection. There was not a lot of sympathy for these 3 blokes from the local community, and I understand none from the police either.
Regards Rick.
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

Of course Halloween is Celtic in origin but the Northern Americans have taken it on as their own in their own style - not a lot of relevance to the original festival. The clown thing again came to Aust from overseas and even Maccas has had to stop Ronald MacDonald from making appearances.

It is great in the right culture but doesn't need to export it to other cultures that do not celebrate it.

Back to the original post though - great use of the haffie (I refuse to refer to them as an SUV) and as I have found, the tray in the back is just the right size for a whole lot of domestic chores around home.
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Real use of a Haflinger in this situation would be to drive it in the field collecting the pumpkins. Your average Suzuki Carry pickup might get stuck given the ground was muddy.
Current small pickups could do most of the work a Haf can do, except for the offroad bit, but even then you can now get 4x4 version of those, so the poor old Haf is (has) been sidelined as being too slow and too complicated.
ATV's would not have the carrying capacity, but there again, most pumpkin farms would probably collect using a tractor and trailer!

Still I would rather use a Haf!

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!