Any owners in Alaska?

Czechsix

Any owners in Alaska?

Post by Czechsix »

Looks like there's a very good chance we'll be relocating there, would be nice to touch bases and see if there are any particular issues, other than the cold, prices, and shipping times :D

I might have to figure out some kind of heat for it, I guess.
Swiss 1963 700AP, Weber 32ICS carb, electric fuel pump, Black Diamond XTR 25x8x12 tires, Pertronix, civilian ignition and regulator system conversion, extra fuel filters, 4 point belts, NATO 3 color camouflage, Cobra CB radio, battery cut off switch
heinkeljb

Re: Any owners in Alaska?

Post by heinkeljb »

I dare say most would just not use it during those months! Having said that, it probably would work very well being 4 wheel drive with some chains on.

As far as heat goes, you will need doors to make it work nicely, but without doors, you heat will have to be very high and localized, like a petrol or diesel heater. You can get new ones designed for caravans, motorthomes which would be easier to source than the original types.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
Techmogogy

Post by Techmogogy »

Alaska is 99.9% off-road and .1% roads...perfect place for a Hafi
As for heat, technically not needed (snowmobiles have no heat, some have heated grips but that is fairly new)
If you make the move, enjoy!!
--------------
72 Pathfinder Hafi
75 710M Pinzgauer 2.7i
96 350GDT
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Problem with no heating is you end up looking like the Michelin man!

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!