Mystery item

Rick K

Mystery item

Post by Rick K »

Hello, can anyone guess as to what this is? I have no idea. It came with my disassembled 1963 Haflinger, same colour as all the other body bits.

Thanks

Rick
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
1963 Haflinger 700APTL (ex- Hydro Tasmania)
several Puch scooters[/size]
heinkeljb

Re: Mystery item

Post by heinkeljb »

No idea, but is there any place you have seen that has a similar grouping of holes? That might give an idea of what it is / does...

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
Rick K

Post by Rick K »

Hello John. I've looked for exactly that, but nothing obvious. Maybe PTO related? No idea really.
pathfinder700ap

Post by pathfinder700ap »

Hi Rick,

the smaller "bar" on that piece somehow reminds me of the part that keeps the distance between bumpers used on S1 vehicles and the main body cross member. I had a look at your photos in the restoration thread. In this picture, it seems that the hole pattern on the rear end of the body (left side of the picture) comes close to the one of the "ground plate" of the mystery part:

download/file.php?id=1371&mode=view

However I still wonder if this is original or not. Was there a similar part/hole pattern on the right side of the rear cross member of the platform?

Cheers,
Constantin
Techmogogy

Post by Techmogogy »

That bracket looks like the windshield frame holder found on Pathfinders but the rest does not

Edit: nope :)
IMG_0900.JPG
--------------
72 Pathfinder Hafi
75 710M Pinzgauer 2.7i
96 350GDT
Rick K

Post by Rick K »

Thanks for your guesses. Constantin has it! Although there was only one of these with the jumble of parts in which I received this Haflinger, it seems these were bolted the the rear platform rail to mount the platen bumper bar. I assume it did not leave the factory this way, but I don't really know. Good work Constantin.