New Member.

Tajman

New Member.

Post by Tajman »

Hello. I,m a new member and live between Portsmouth and Southampton UK. I recently purchased a polycab 1967 Haflinger in a sorry state. I am in the process of stripping it down and have a bare chassis nearly ready to blast. Bead blasting has been recomended. Very rusty flat bed but got the engine running before removal. The Haflinger is not registered and had been originally used on a Scottish Grouse moor estate. Turns out to be 1967 on the cusp of Mk1 to Mk2 hence some of each parts fitted. I now have a Wagenstammkarte.
I am used to challanges but often require some helpful advice , hence joining the forum.
Amongst other vehicles, I have successfully restored my present truck. Its a 1978 Volvo C202 Laplander. Sadly looking at Haflinger spares prices, it may be that I have to let the Laplander go to help finance the Haflinger rebuild. I am thinking of changing the polycab to the smaller open type metal cab with metal frame windscreen, any comments welcome. Not quite sure how to get pictures onto this forum, I,ll give it a try. But I have successfully posted on the Haflinger and Pinzgauer Club. Thanks in anticipation. Jeff
Attachments
IMG_20190710_111551514_HDR (600 x 450).jpg
IMG_20190710_111619702_HDR (600 x 450).jpg
heinkeljb

Re: New Member.

Post by heinkeljb »

Hi Jeff,

Welcome to the forum!

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Hi Jeff,

Change the way the back end of the Volvo works, then you can put the haflinger in the back for those longer trips.....

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
Tajman

Post by Tajman »

Thanks John,
Got the chassis rolling now and nearly ready for the blasting. Went to speak to the local blast/plating shop and it turns out to be an old acquaintance of mine who has a couple of immaculately restored Willys Jeeps, so I feel he will be sympathetic to the process. I did all the metal work de-rusting on the Volvo Laplander by hand. Many winter hours spent in the workshop. I used the same anti rust solution that was used on the restoration of the Submarine " Alliance " here in Gosport. Then all painted by hand with one pack paints. After 4 years there seems to be no sign of rust coming through anywhere on the Volvo even with it parked under a car port just 400 mtrs from the salty sea. Anyway, I will post again when I have some more progress on the Haflinger. Jeff