Haflinger Dashboards

heinkeljb

Haflinger Dashboards

Post by heinkeljb »

Following on from another post there appears to be a lack of information available regarding the dashboards fitted to Haflingers during their years of production.

I wonder if I can ask people to provide hopefully a picture of the dashboard and some details relating to the age of their Haflingers. Obviously if if it is known that the dashboard is not standard anymore, if details f that could also be added, that would be great.

I'll add a picture of mine when I get a chance later today.
In the meantime here are some details.

1973 LWB 703AP. two fuse box dashboard. Fuel gauge. What I assume is a extra light that is connected to the towing electrics, which comes on when you have a trailer connected and use the indictors.

John
Haf Dashboard 1a.jpg
Haf dashboard 2b.jpg
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
AustHaflinger

Re: Haflinger Dashboards

Post by AustHaflinger »

My dash is made out of a road sign so not quite original but only has one fuse box. I have a library of pics of Haflingers some of which have dash pics so I will post those up. Just had a look through them and there is not one fuel gauge there. My 73 has a VDO aftermarket fuel gauge and never had one as standard. You can see where a hole saw was used to cut a hole in the top of the tank for the sender so was originally only fitted with the low fuel light.

I will post up pics later.

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
gren_t

Post by gren_t »

Here are the Two Dash panels that came with Hemi
Im going to use the Ali one but lord knows why the fuse holder is an inverted L shape.
Attachments
IMG_5215.JPG
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Do you have an "L" shaped fuse box to fit? To me that looks very "aftermarket / homemade" as I have never seen a Haflinger with that sort of dashboard.

Having said that, I haven't seen two Haflingers that are exactly the same unless they were rebuilt by the same person! So use which ever dashboard you want - it's your Haflinger!

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

Some dashboard pics.

005-8_zps66222e64.jpg
Mid 60s (tank at the back)
42.jpg
1969-steyr-puch-haflinger-700-ap-4-wheel-drivev4.jpg
Mid/late 60s
5364313 - 08.JPG
Early/Mid 60s Australian Army
auarmy-haf32.jpg
70s Aust Haflinger
australia09.jpg
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

Some more

70 Australian LWB
australia33b.jpg
c1970-steyr-puch-haflinger-700-ap-utililty.jpg
Austrian Army?
DSC01421.jpg
Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
Tajman

Post by Tajman »

I attach a photo of my dashboard. Just to confuse things, its the dash from the poly-cab fitted to the more common style front which I made. The dash has two fuse boxes, even then its very "busy" with wires behind and I plan to change that and update the fuse system in the winter. The only other difference is that it has a light marked RES, which I presume is reserve fuel notification. There was a wire in the loom near the tank but no sender.
The vehicle is 1967 and has was made with both Mk1 and Mk2 parts.
As John said, no two Haflingers are the same so I had no guilt rebuilding mine the way I wanted it. The front I made is about 40mm higher than normal as I am a tall chap. That allows me to see under the top bar of the windscreen and not have the hood flapping on my head.
I am enjoying getting some miles in and doing a few cars shows. Not brave enough yet to go of road.(bet that brings some comments!)
Jeff
Attachments
IMG_20210516_105923652_HDR.jpg
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Are there any "green lanes" (BOATS, Byways Open to All Traffic) near you? The council should have what they call a "definitive" map of all the BOATS in your area.
That would be a good way of getting mild off roading experience legally. The next would be to go to what are called Off Road "Play days" where you pay a fee and can drive around an area choosing your own routes or following a convoy which will encompass some rutted track, hills, dips, slips into mud holes etc.
You could join an off road club and take part in their activities.

John