New rice tires for the Haflinger

bestill

New rice tires for the Haflinger

Post by bestill »

Well , a kind forum member on here sent me some 12 inch tractor tires for free last year and I finally got them onto rims and put them on my Haflinger at my farm. We had a big wet this month so I thought it would be a good test for them. The tires are a bit narrow at only 5 inches wide but seem to do OK as long as the muds not too deep! Thanks ogdenenterprise! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGipkobpyPQ
jhon

Re: New rice tires for the Haflinger

Post by jhon »

Good video, I enjoyed it! I like to see the vehicles getting used - hope you got the tractor out OK.

When the ground is that wet and soft pretty much any wheeled vehicle is going to struggle; I fitted 8" wide Quad tyres on widened rims for that kind of going but they don't always work!

Last edited by jhon on Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
heinkeljb

Re: New rice tires for the Haflinger

Post by heinkeljb »

Tyres look nice and aggresive for muddy route that have a hard surface under the mud. Any wheeled vehicle will struggle in mud if the wheels can't find a hard surface to grip on.
Even tracked vehicles get stuck if used in the wrong places. - Just look at the stuck Tanks in the Ukraine / Russia war.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!