Ebay Sellers Germany and Austria

AustHaflinger

Ebay Sellers Germany and Austria

Post by AustHaflinger »

Like many on here I look for parts through various sources. Of the sellers I find Haflinger Technik in Scotland very reasonable in price and easy to deal with but find the Austrian sellers more expensive - from what I have heard easy to deal with but because of their prices for things I have needed I have not actually bought from them.

I also follow German ebay and have found a few items at reasonable prices but when I ask them whether they will post to Australia, I get a resounding NO - post to EU countries only. Why is that? Is there something in the EU that prevents sending parts overseas - if not what are these sellers thinking - once a seller has their money it doesn't take much extra at the post office to put Australia at the end of the address over say Austria.

I have had similar issues with Landrover parts from the UK - some have said that they will not post because it is harder but I am not sure why.

Cheers

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
heinkeljb

Re: Ebay Sellers Germany and Austria

Post by heinkeljb »

I don't know for certain, but I suspect it is to do with having to fill out a customs form. Admittedly, that is just a form but you have to describe what's in the parcel and give it a value. If they are not truthful about that, then possibly there is some come back? I have never heard of it happening, but EU laws have become very invasive as the years go by.

There are some export regulations which prevent certain things from being sent overseas to certain countries, but I did not think Australia was amongst them.

Maybe some else has a better idea why?

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
Rick K

Post by Rick K »

Hi Garry

I think John is right, some sellers couldnt be bothered filling out the customes declaration forms. I was in Austria a few weeks back and posted things home- quite straight forward really. Having said that, Ive only had problems with ebay sellers getting large items send to Australia, like canvas hoods and side boards, most sellers Ive found are OK shipping to Australia if you PM them beforehand. Indeed many ask you to send photos of your project, and return photos of their pride and joy in reply. Ive gotten to know a few like minded enthusiasts that way.

I did have some troubles having an old Puch scooter engine sent over, as there was some dangerous goods issue with crankcase oil and exhaust deposits etc. That took a lot more euros and paperwork to sort out.

cheers

Rick
1963 Haflinger 700APTL (ex- Hydro Tasmania)
several Puch scooters[/size]
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

Thanks guys - Rick as you do I PM the seller before hand to see if they will send overseas - I get about a 50% yes from the UK but so 0% form Germany.

Very frustrating.

Cheers

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)