AP vs APT

AustHaflinger

AP vs APT

Post by AustHaflinger »

My later model Haffie is a 700AP but it is fitted with the front cabin air vents and front cyclone air intake and while not currently fitted I have the associated pipe work to bring the air from the front to the rear.

So in later model Haffies what is the difference between the AP and the APT? I appreciate the remote air intake system could have been retrofitted but the front vents would have been there from new.

Cheers

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
Rick K

Re: AP vs APT

Post by Rick K »

Hi Garry

The T is for 'Tropical', meaning it is fitted with the cyclonic air filter up front, as well as the air conditioning ( the two opening flaps). I love these flaps at speed, as they fill the cabin with cooling air very effectively.

If you had provision for PTO, yours would be a 700APTL.

Cheers

Rick
1963 Haflinger 700APTL (ex- Hydro Tasmania)
several Puch scooters[/size]
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

Rick K wrote:Hi Garry

The T is for 'Tropical', meaning it is fitted with the cyclonic air filter up front, as well as the air conditioning ( the two opening flaps). I love these flaps at speed, as they fill the cabin with cooling air very effectively.
So any ideas why is badged, indicated on the rego docs etc as an AP and not an APT when it has the "T" gear? The Build document does not give an indication of model but the nomenclature plate indicates it as being an AP.

I suspect that all SWB Haflingers sold in Aust by 70s were designated APs but had the T gear making the T designation as a specific model not longer necessary.

Anyone have a 70s aussie Haffie that is actually designated an APT on the nomenclature plate?

Haflinger 700AP (73)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
Rick K

Post by Rick K »

I don't think they made APT plates, just like they didn't make Haflinger Wage stammkarte blank sheets. Just a guess
1963 Haflinger 700APTL (ex- Hydro Tasmania)
several Puch scooters[/size]
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

You could always take a letter punch to your plate and add a "T" :lol:

I would assume they had a batch of plates made at a screen printer and just used what was available. Most Manufactures did that, Friday cars were particularly well known for it!

I have a Heinkel which was built in 1959 just as they went from the 174cc engine to the 198cc engine. All the numbers are correct / matching but it is listed as a 174cc engined car but actually has the 198cc engine in it. Friday cars are also well known for being the ones that break down more often for some reason.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

Rick K wrote:I don't think they made APT plates
Makes sense - thanks
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)