New to Forum - New to Haflingers

present your haflinger and introduce yourself to thehafllinger.com community
sibrysmi

New to Forum - New to Haflingers

Post by sibrysmi »

Hi all, last month I aquired my very first Haflinger. Being a closet fan for a while I finally took the step of getting a restoration project (see below) with the intention of involving my 12 year old twin boys. My garage seems to have shrunk since I rebuilt and sprayed a VW Camper in it!
Haff2.jpg
Haff2.jpg (83.2 KiB) Viewed 1803 times
Markus
Site Admin

Re: New to Forum - New to Haflingers

Post by Markus »

Hi,
Looks like it going to be a good project and with the three of you it should take next to no time at all. :D
Hope to see a steady stream of pictures of the rebuild.

New year is a good time to get stuck into it.

Markus
sibrysmi

Post by sibrysmi »

Three years since we got the project and at last a bit of visual progress!
Attachments
image.jpeg
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

At this rate they will be thirty before it is back on the road, you need to pick up the pace a bit :D

Whilst you have been getting the platform sorted, I hope you have at least been cleaning / refurbishing the running gear or is that something which will only happen once you are satisfied with the platform?

Taking any vehicle to pieces whilst you work on it require 3 times the space to store all the parts you have taken off! No wonder your garage seems small now!

Keep going and you will be able to claim :ugeek: status....

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
sibrysmi

Post by sibrysmi »

Most of the running gear is also done. New bearings all round, new brakes, powder coated springs, new shocks and limiters. So hopefully will be on the road for the Pickering meet up later in the year?