Hello From Northern California

present your haflinger and introduce yourself to thehafllinger.com community
roadkill

Hello From Northern California

Post by roadkill »

Hello Everyone.
It seems i have been remiss on posting a hello on this site. I signed quite a while ago but never posted much. I live in the northern mountains of California and now have 3 haflingers (swb swiss, swb poly, lwb austrian). I am an active participant in the Northwest Mog Fest and most of the west coast Haflinger Treffens. I am most definitely a gear head and own a fair share of vehicles (predominately portal axles). Anyways, I thought i was content with 2 Haflingers until someone mentioned to me that there was an estate auction where a vehicle collector had passed away and there was a Haflinger. Due to my Haflinger lust-driven bidding spree, I now own this newest rig which i plan to post photos here of. Perhaps it will make its way to the next time trials at the Walderse farm! It is a 1969 ex Swiss Army. The gentleman who passed had bought it from Cold War Remarketing back in 2002 out of Colorado. He and his son then modified the rims by cutting the centers and re-welding into a larger width rim. They also did the Volkswagon cylinder modification. I have only driven the haflinger around the neighborhood but i am amazed at the power difference that the VW cylinders make. I am getting used to the swiss gear pattern which is very different from my other two haffies. The top has formed wood planks running from the front of the truck all the way to the rear. Lastly it looks like it had a wooden raised bed which is odd, but the paint matches the truck. Anyways a few photos!
-Bruce
Attachments
haff5.jpg
haff5.jpg (92.98 KiB) Viewed 989 times
haff4.jpg
haff4.jpg (93.78 KiB) Viewed 989 times
haff3.jpg
haff3.jpg (117.57 KiB) Viewed 989 times
haff2.jpg
haff2.jpg (83.36 KiB) Viewed 989 times
haff1.jpg
haff1.jpg (75.59 KiB) Viewed 989 times
AustHaflinger

Re: Hello From Northern California

Post by AustHaflinger »

Bruce - welcome to the forum. Nice looking Haffie.

I am surprised about your comment re the VW mod and performance. My haffie has that mod and I think performance is ordinary but then I have never driven a normal haffie.

Cheers

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)