Haflinger spotted at Australia Day vintage car show Sydney

present your haflinger and introduce yourself to thehafllinger.com community
Rick K

Haflinger spotted at Australia Day vintage car show Sydney

Post by Rick K »

Hello

The City of Sydney hosts an annual vintage car show each Australia Day long weekend. For most of the last few years, a lone Haflinger can be proudly found on display. It belongs to a fellow from the North Coast of NSW, which makes for quite a long commute by trailer. It is fitted with Alliance tractor tyres from Israel. These photos from yesterdays show. Enjoy he pics. Rick
Attachments
IMG_4875.jpg
IMG_4877.jpg
IMG_4881.jpg
IMG_4883.jpg
IMG_4884.jpg
IMG_4885.jpg
IMG_4886.jpg
1963 Haflinger 700APTL (ex- Hydro Tasmania)
several Puch scooters[/size]
heinkeljb

Re: Haflinger spotted at Australia Day vintage car show Sydn

Post by heinkeljb »

Rick,

Do you know what size those "Alliance" tyres are? I wonder if they are road legal as well? Can't some one else be persuaded to take theirs to show along side it?

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
Rick K

Re: Haflinger spotted at Australia Day vintage car show Sydn

Post by Rick K »

Hello John

The Alliance tractor tyres are 6.5/80-12 looking at the photo in higher resolution (although not perfectly clear). I don't think they would be nice for the road, however I believe the owner has a farm or large property, so perfect for his needs.

My father took my Bug-eye for the Australia Day show in 2009, displayed amongst classic Citroens as one Citroen Club ticket holder couldn't make it. This year however he displayed his DS23 cabriolet. This was my car in my uni days- then he spent the best part of 2 decades converting to a cabriolet.

Rick
1963 Haflinger 700APTL (ex- Hydro Tasmania)
several Puch scooters[/size]