new one from germany

present your haflinger and introduce yourself to thehafllinger.com community
eniac

new one from germany

Post by eniac »

Hi everybody,
I am Stefan from germany, my english wirting is not the best, but I try my best.
Im reading here for a while and I have to say that at this place is much more action
than in german speaking Haflinger forums.
Some of the people here I know from the Dutch Treffen April 14 near Eindhoven.

I owned a 710M Pinzgauer since 2006 and the haflinger is with me since last year.
It is a zivilian 700AP. I got that beauty with a broken shaft for the all-wheel-drive
and a rotten clutch.

Some Days after the repair with his big brother
pinhaf.JPG
Playing around
P10307821.jpg
It is nice to be here
Stefan

------------------------------------------------
reality is an illusion, caused by scarcity of alcohol
Pinzgauer 710M
Haflinger 700AP
heinkeljb

Re: new one from germany

Post by heinkeljb »

Welcome Stefan,

Nice that you have found us! This site is still quite new so there are still people finding it, like yourself. That always makes a site more active. I hope you have lots of fun driving your Haflinger after the Dutch "Treffen".

Are there any similar "Treffen's" in Germany that you go to? We, (I) would like to hear about them.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

Yes welcome to the forum - nice looking vehicles.

Cheers

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
jhon

Post by jhon »

A warm welcome from Scotland - it must be nice having the two vehicles, both similar in concept but very different too.

Out of interest, which do you prefer driving?
eniac

Post by eniac »

Hi everybody,
thanks for that warm welcome ;-)

@ John

sadly we have no such large "Treffen" around my location. Most of them are located in Austria, but I don't want
to travel so far. The Pinz is no Tractor. He is in the best year's like me, but he don't have to work so hard.
Sometimes we have the chance to meet in the backyard of a good friend. But in these day's he was off haflinger.
He sold it a few weeks before. But I think it would take not much time, there is one again ;-)

Then it maybe can look like this ... Last time meeting
IMG_0385 [800x600].jpg
We have done every year in february a "Forums Treffen" from the "Robi's Pinzgauer Forum" between Frankfurt and Dortmund.
But I don't like to drive on salty roads. So I canceled it last year. Most came 10 to 15 Pinzgauer.
P1210984 [800x600].jpg
P1220029 [800x600].jpg
This year have the 10 years anniversary (Pinzforum) near Nürnberg in one and a half week . But I take part only with the Pinz.
Hafi's are rare this time I think.

@ Jhon
The two are very different. In the laste time I do more "miles" with the little one. But I think that happend, because he
is located in the garage beside my home. The Pinz has his home some miles away. So i can take the Hafi for a short trip.
For the Pinz I have to drive 20 minutes first. With the Pinz the weather is not so relevant and it is more like a normal car.
You can open the roof, but it is not so wide open like the hafi. steering is much different and the little one is quite slower.
I love them both, the hafi ist handier and the girls like him most, but in my opinion the Pinzgauer is still the better looking guy ;-)
Stefan

reality is an illusion, caused by scarcity of alcohol
Pinzgauer 710M
Haflinger 700AP