Heading towards Haflinger ownership....

present your haflinger and introduce yourself to thehafllinger.com community
Czechsix

Heading towards Haflinger ownership....

Post by Czechsix »

Looks like I'm going to be the proud new owner of a Swiss '68 military unit.

Also looks like I have lots of reading to do :lol:

I've had Unimog S's, Tatra T805, and similar in the past, but not for quite a while now. I think the Haf is a great fit for what I want to do - a bit street legal, off road exploration, fits in the garage, and looks easy to work on. I'm also seeing that it uses quite a few bits I'm familiar with from my Unimog S days, which is nice. I'm in Southern California, and the truck is actually at Goatwerx right now, getting some fixes done that were included in the price, so by the time I get it things should be well sorted out. Other than that fuel tank issue....but that'll be dealt with also, eventually.

I'm looking forward to bringing it to the 2015 MogFest, and if I get a wild hair I might even show at NWMF.
Swiss 1963 700AP, Weber 32ICS carb, electric fuel pump, Black Diamond XTR 25x8x12 tires, Pertronix, civilian ignition and regulator system conversion, extra fuel filters, 4 point belts, NATO 3 color camouflage, Cobra CB radio, battery cut off switch
cascade.king

Re: Heading towards Haflinger ownership....

Post by cascade.king »

Welcome!
Mike
1971 North American 700AP Haflinger Pathfinder
Czechsix

Post by Czechsix »

Thanks!

I also figure I need a rolling gun rack for the Stg57....this'll do!
Swiss 1963 700AP, Weber 32ICS carb, electric fuel pump, Black Diamond XTR 25x8x12 tires, Pertronix, civilian ignition and regulator system conversion, extra fuel filters, 4 point belts, NATO 3 color camouflage, Cobra CB radio, battery cut off switch
RPower

Post by RPower »

Welcome! If you do decide to come up for NWMF let us know, there are plenty of us here that live in Oregon and go to NWMF.
Czechsix

Post by Czechsix »

RPower wrote:Welcome! If you do decide to come up for NWMF let us know, there are plenty of us here that live in Oregon and go to NWMF.
Oh, it might happen. Many moons ago I used to head up to ReUNIMOGing, yearly, or however princess spelled it. Also had some real fun in the first few Top Truck Challenges...wonder how a haf would do in them?

IAC...yep, I might make the trip. Thanks for the welcome.