Making progress.....

present your haflinger and introduce yourself to thehafllinger.com community
Czechsix

Making progress.....

Post by Czechsix »

Still need to sort out the front locker issue, but it's starting to feel like it'll be ready for a run soon. Actually had it out on the street for the first time, did about 10 miles, just checking out the street manners. Plus I also went to our local steam and antique engine museum, got lots of very bemused looks there, and more than a couple of thumbs up and big smiles. :D

I'm still waiting to get pulled over by the local gendarmerie :lol:

Swiss 1963 700AP, Weber 32ICS carb, electric fuel pump, Black Diamond XTR 25x8x12 tires, Pertronix, civilian ignition and regulator system conversion, extra fuel filters, 4 point belts, NATO 3 color camouflage, Cobra CB radio, battery cut off switch
Julian B

Re: Making progress.....

Post by Julian B »

Looks great!

Where did you get the registration plate made up?
Julian B
W Sussex, UK

| '62 Early Series I SWB | '72 Series II LWB |
| '56 Citroën Traction Avant |
Czechsix

Post by Czechsix »

Thanks Julian!

As to that number plate, bought it off a site I found....funny thing is that the shop that made it is about 6 miles from me. I could have driven over there and picked it up, LOL. CustomEuropeanPlates.com is the site I bought it from, $45.

Now I need to work on the rear hoop, going to integrate a radio antenna mount into it, or maybe I'll just use a M151 MUTT mount that's laying around here. Going to install an old 2 meter radio I have too, handy stuff to have in the desert.
Swiss 1963 700AP, Weber 32ICS carb, electric fuel pump, Black Diamond XTR 25x8x12 tires, Pertronix, civilian ignition and regulator system conversion, extra fuel filters, 4 point belts, NATO 3 color camouflage, Cobra CB radio, battery cut off switch
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Just remember the Dynastart doesn't have an awful lot of "spare" electrical power if you use all the normal equipment, lights etc.

If your "extras" provide a constant drain on the battery you might find you have to stick it charge every once in a while.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
woodman

Post by woodman »

Hi Czechsix, John is correct about how much power the Dynastart kicks out. on the Haflinger Radio Truck ( Funk Haflinger ) there was a power take off which was conected to a generator that charged a bank of extra batteries for the radio. Regards Pete E
Czechsix

Post by Czechsix »

Yep, even though the Icom is a 100 watt radio, I run it at 5 watts, and the reality is that it's mostly receive. I'll also be running a volt meter to monitor, and when it's sitting it'll be on a solargizer system.

It would be lots of fun to find one of the funk trucks.....maybe something to keep an eye out for....