Insurance Co. stand, Birmingham (UK)

present your haflinger and introduce yourself to thehafllinger.com community
Julian B

Insurance Co. stand, Birmingham (UK)

Post by Julian B »

A spy tells me that this Haflinger was on an insurance company's stand at a classic car show in Birmingham today; does anyone know who's it is?
Attachments
3.jpeg
Julian B
W Sussex, UK

| '62 Early Series I SWB | '72 Series II LWB |
| '56 Citroën Traction Avant |
Peterd

Re: Insurance Co. stand, Birmingham (UK)

Post by Peterd »

I have just come across this question but the answer is that it belongs to me. I was asked to take it to a Classic Show at NEC in March to put on a 'barn find' display, even though it was not exactly a barn find. It did attract quite a bit of interest in spite of the fact that there was other interesting machinery on display. It has been in the family since new when my late father bought it to get around his land in Cumbria. It was last MOT'd in 2012 and is currently on a SORN in my garage in Yorkshire waiting for me to find the time, enthusiasm and money to do something with it.
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Guess what? It doesn’t need an MOT - just has to be “road worthy”, what ever that means..... Have a crash and you would would have to prove it could have passed an MOT before the crash? I.e. no worn out wheel bearings or brake shoes down to the metal I suppose.
Anyway, fix it up and start using it!

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
Peterd

Post by Peterd »

John,
It was good advice but I have decided to sell it mainly because I don't have the time or enthusiasm really to restore it. Having enjoyed it in its youth (and mine) I'd quite like someone else to have that pleasure. Not sure how to sell but I'll probably start by putting it on that well known auction site and see what response it gets. I'll take some photos when the wind and rain die down.
Peter
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Hi Peter,

Sorry to hear you want to sell it, no relatives that want to take it on? Put a for sale ad on here with some pictures.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!