The forum is not free to run BUT you access it for free!

present your haflinger and introduce yourself to thehafllinger.com community
Czechsix

Re: The forum is not free to run BUT you access it for free!

Post by Czechsix »

Kicked in a bit more, thanks for keeping this going.
Swiss 1963 700AP, Weber 32ICS carb, electric fuel pump, Black Diamond XTR 25x8x12 tires, Pertronix, civilian ignition and regulator system conversion, extra fuel filters, 4 point belts, NATO 3 color camouflage, Cobra CB radio, battery cut off switch
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Well folks, having now spent the best part of two days busy upgrading the site software to the latest version, I hope some of our "watchers" or "lurkers " who have joined the forum but who have yet to post anything will chip in something via the "Donate" button at the bottom of every page.
Obviously, there are some who are not in a position to donate any money, but they could at least contribute to the forum by making a post or two. I am sure even those who are merely interested in Haflingers have something to say, even if it only that they are interested in them!
It's a real shame that we have around 300 members but less than a dozen people actually seem to post anything.

Okay, Rant over - please donate if you can as this might be the last year the forum is up if hosting fees and domain registration are not able to be paid at the end of this year.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
Czechsix

Post by Czechsix »

Howdy John, kicked in a bit more.

It's winter here, the haffy is sleeping in the garage. Not much going on with her, but if I do take her out for a run I'll try to take some video and pics. At least there's no mud to deal with now!
Swiss 1963 700AP, Weber 32ICS carb, electric fuel pump, Black Diamond XTR 25x8x12 tires, Pertronix, civilian ignition and regulator system conversion, extra fuel filters, 4 point belts, NATO 3 color camouflage, Cobra CB radio, battery cut off switch
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

Czechsix wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:38 pm It's winter here, the haffy is sleeping in the garage.
What a sook :shock: just because it is -20c that is no reason not to get the top off the Haffie and to get it out :D

Enjoy your winter, we are about to go into summer and it looks like its going top be a little wetter and cooler than normal which will be great.

Stay safe.

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
mechanical horse

Post by mechanical horse »

Hey John,
Have just hit the "donate" button. I have finished the restoration of my Haffy and don't use the forum as much and am down to only having a look at it about 15 times a day. Still very interested in what is going on in the world of Haffys and this forum is the best place in the world to do that. Keep up the good work.
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Site hosting fees have just been paid, but it does mean that more fund raising will have to happen this next year as funds are now below what is required to pay next years hosting fees. I put up the actual figures later today as don't have time right now to dig them out.

Suffice to say, please hit the DONATE button if you can!

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Anybody got any spare change? I know life is probably a bit haywire at present, but if anyone can make a donation to the site by hitting the "Donate" button at the bottom of every page, I might be able to pay the hosting fees at the end of the year! We currently have £146.83 GBP in the kitty. Hosting fees are nearer £200 depending on what changes the hosting company apply to their fees this year. So, please can I ask ALL the membership to donate a few pounds to help keep the forum up...

Many thanks,

John

Czechsix

Post by Czechsix »

Chipped in a bit, thanks again for running this forum!
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Many thanks for the donation. Every little helps.

Regards,

John

jhon

Post by jhon »

Done! thanks again John.

Cheers
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Many thanks jhon!

heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Well, we have £170 in the kitty to pay for the next hosting fees which are due at Christmas time. I suppose I had better remind people that there is a Donate button at the bottom of every web page and that is they don't use it every once in a while, there might come a time when the hosting fees can't be paid. That would mean this forum would no longer be available on the web.
I don't think that what some people would want, but as there is a silent majority who do not post anything, who knows what they think?

Any way, could I ask that those people who do actually want this forum to stay up to donate a little bit between now and Christmas?

Many thanks to those that do!

John

Czechsix

Post by Czechsix »

Thank you for the reminder, John.

Donation sent, and a good reminder that I need to drag the haffy out and work on the driver side hub, see what's leaking. Pretty sure I've lost a bearing.
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Gotta badger all the members again.... We are up to £208.14 which will just about cover this years fees.

If people don't hit the donate button every once in a while during the year, there will be no money to pay the hosting fees at the end of the year!

All it takes is a small donation from everyone.

Moan over for the time being!

John

Julian B

Post by Julian B »

Thanks John - some money is coming your way via PayPal :D
Julian B
W Sussex, UK

| '62 Early Series I SWB | '72 Series II LWB |
| '56 Citroën Traction Avant |
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Last chance to hit that "Donate" button before I have to renew the hosting fees at the end of December. I suppose you could think of it as a Christmas present to yourself...although probably better to think of it as a Christmas present to all the members of the forum as they would be benefitting from it as well.
So pity I can't make it pay "Merry Christmas" every time some one hit the button, but that would just make the webpages to cumbersome to update easily.
If I don't get another chance to say it: Merry Christmas and a better new year everybody.

John

heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

The forum is up for another year as I have paid the hosting fees.

Still need to remind people that with out some donations - made by the way, by clicking on the "Donate" button at the bottom of every page - that this site won't stay up and be available to people.

Please make a donation if you can.

Many thanks,

John

robw

Post by robw »

Just sent one - keep the reminders coming
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Thanks Rob!

heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

I know everyone is feeling the pinch of the rising cost of living, but unfortunately, the hosting fees of this forum still need to be paid if everybody wants it to stay up!
That means make a donation using the orange button at the bottom of every page! Even a donation for the cost of a Drink at your local, or the cost of your lunch one day would, if eveybody did it, produce enough money to pay the hosting fees at Christmas!

So please think about donating....

John