New Member, StanK - My Haflingers

present your haflinger and introduce yourself to thehafllinger.com community
StanK

New Member, StanK - My Haflingers

Post by StanK »

Hello all, just a quick note to say g’day introduce myself and let you know that I’ll be around trying to glean as much information as I can (and hopefully contributing things as well) in the quest for restoration/repair and discovering more about Haflingers.
For information I live in Tasmania, Australia and own 3 Haflingers. Based on Chassis numbers and discussions with Dale from Haflinger Technik, they are:
• Poly cabin AP/3 – 1964 – currently being restored via a complete tear down
• Civilian APT – 1966 – extremely rusty (basically spares machine unless I get very rich or enthusiastic)
• Australian Army APTL – 1965 – along with a Australian Army Haflinger trailer (yes Australian not Austrian). The provenance of this vehicle has been checked and along with the trailer the Australian Army seems to have purchased only 50 of these. Obviously, I’m learning from the AP/3 so I don’t wreck this one when I come to restore it. This has the engine installed and was running about 3 years ago, but has been mothballed until I get the AP/3 going.
Along with these vehicles I also seem to have inherited for maintaining and use (from my children), a 1971 VW Superbug and a 1982 Jaguar XJ6. O what fun!

I am happy to attach photos of the AP/3 and the spares wagon, but they seem to go into the post upside down and I can't seem to rotate them , any suggestions? Anyway, here are 2 photos that did work.

All the best
Australian Army APTL
Australian Army APTL
and Trailer!
and Trailer!
Polly - AP/3 Poly cabin
Diggery - Australian Army APTL
Puddleglum - Civilian APT (parts cart)
AustHaflinger

Re: New Member, StanK - My Haflingers

Post by AustHaflinger »

Welcome to the forum - glad to see more Aussies signing up.

For the Mil Haflinger and the trailer, if you have not already done so, you might check the Register of Ex Military Landrovers (https://remlr.com/) which have data bases on all Aust Mil vehicles and they have a forum at https://remlr.com/forum/index.php which all types of vehicles and trailers.

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
ogdenenterprise

Post by ogdenenterprise »

Its good to see there are more Haflinger around the world
Welcome to the forum

Dave
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Welcome,

Now all you need to do is post more picture of the restorations as they happen. Ask questions when you come across some of the weird ways in which Haflinger does things - like the wheel bearing, or king pin system.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
StanK

Post by StanK »

Thanks all. Will post some more photos when I figure out how to have them go in upside down.
As for the Register thanks also Garry, in fact that is how I was sure of its provenance for the chassis numbers of the trailer and vehicle. Unfortunately the engine seems to have been changed and is not that shown in the register. Something to chase up for the future.
Stan
Polly - AP/3 Poly cabin
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

StanK wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:16 am Thanks all. Will post some more photos when I figure out how to have them go in upside down.
This is a common problem on many forums. I assume you used a phone to take the pics - if so this is the issue. If you use the phone in portrait (held as you would normally use it) the pics will come up the right way when posted. However if the pic is taken in landscape (phone turned sideways) as it should be so the pic is wider than it is tall, the forum will often post them sideways or upside down. I have tried editing software to try and fix the orientation and reposting but has not generally worked.

If you did not use a phone to take the pics then ignore the above and I cannot help.

PS - my Haflinger spent nearly all its life in Tasmania and was owned by a Stan - but not a StanK :roll: You might want you rethink your User Name - hey Stink - y. :lol: Yes I know - school boy humour.

Welcome

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

I posted this which might help with posting pictures:-

https://www.thehaflinger.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=640

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
StanK

Post by StanK »

AustHaflinger wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:29 am
StanK wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:16 am Thanks all. Will post some more photos when I figure out how to have them go in upside down.
This is a common problem on many forums. I assume you used a phone to take the pics - if so this is the issue. If you use the phone in portrait (held as you would normally use it) the pics will come up the right way when posted. However if the pic is taken in landscape (phone turned sideways) as it should be so the pic is wider than it is tall, the forum will often post them sideways or upside down. I have tried editing software to try and fix the orientation and reposting but has not generally worked.

If you did not use a phone to take the pics then ignore the above and I cannot help.

PS - my Haflinger spent nearly all its life in Tasmania and was owned by a Stan - but not a StanK :roll: You might want you rethink your User Name - hey Stink - y. :lol: Yes I know - school boy humour. Maybe we'll ahve another talk about your Haflinger's provenance later on?

Welcome

Garry
Thanks Garry (with 2 r's.. it's important I know), I am aware of the Stinky reference I too have school boy humour! That's why I used it. :D I will see if I can fix the photos. I notice I have another message with a link so will see what happens.
Polly - AP/3 Poly cabin
StanK

Post by StanK »

So let me try again!
Obviously the photos I did successfully post were of the Australian Army Haflinger and trailer. The other two are shown below
• Poly cabin AP/3 – 1964 – currently being restored via a complete tear down
Poly 1.png
• Civilian APT – 1966 – extremely rusty (basically spares machine unless I get very rich or enthusiastic) – perhaps a parts cart?
Puddleglum 1.png

All the best
Stan
Polly - AP/3 Poly cabin