Forum will be off line whilst being upgraded

present your haflinger and introduce yourself to thehafllinger.com community
heinkeljb

Forum will be off line whilst being upgraded

Post by heinkeljb »

Sorry, I have no time scale for how long it will be off line, but I intend to attempt to update the forum some time this weekend. If I don't manage it, hopefully I have several backups of the current forum that I can fall back on and worst case put this original forum back up.

Please just keep visiting the site after it goes off line as it will come back up at some point!

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
Techmogogy

Re: Forum will be off line whilst being upgraded

Post by Techmogogy »

Sent a PM with my email address.
Good luck and please don’t make the colors like real4x4 I find it near imposssibe to read now :)
--------------
72 Pathfinder Hafi
75 710M Pinzgauer 2.7i
96 350GDT
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

I hope to keep the existing colour scheme, but like you I am not a fan of the green and brown and black on that forum.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Well, this weekend has been a bust as far as doing the forum update. It's just been one thing after another whenever I thought I could spend some time working out how to do the upgrade.
So it will just have to happen at some other point in time.

Basically, the forum will go offline and if i can work out where I can put up a notice that will run whilst the forum is off line I will do that to let you all know it is happening and the forum isn't down for some other reason.

John

heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Sorry for the inconvenience everyone!

Hosting company upgraded the PHP which broke the forum the other week. I thought is was just a change in one file as fixing that got the forum back on line. EXCEPT - nobody could post anything because it gave you an error say you had too few characters, no matter how many you put in your post!!

Anyway, I have upgraded the forum, but as you can tell, it isn't quite back to how it was. I will slowly sort that out as I learn how to do it..... Just spent the better part of 4 hours getting this far!

How I haven't lost any one's posts.

John

Julian B

Post by Julian B »

Huge thanks for doing that John - I'm sure it was a LOAD of work!
Julian B
W Sussex, UK

| '62 Early Series I SWB | '72 Series II LWB |
| '56 Citroën Traction Avant |
jhon

Post by jhon »

Yes, many thanks for your continuing efforts John, it is much appreciated!
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Good morning everyone,

The Forum is back up and running again after a failed attempt to update the software it uses. It turned out that the hosting company hasn't upgraded the software on their server which the forum software need to run. So I spent time getting a complete back up, deleting the forum software and uploading the new software to be greeted with a message saying that you are trying to run the forum on unsupported software!
So had to roll it all back.
Anyway it is working again now and I will look at upgrading the site again in a while.

John

AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

Thanks John - saw the site going from a blank white page and gradually change over a few hours to being back up an running.

Cheers

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
ogdenenterprise

Post by ogdenenterprise »

Well I missed all that, but thank you John for having the time and patience to keep everything up to date and running the forum.

Dave