New member of the family ....Haflinger

present your haflinger and introduce yourself to thehafllinger.com community
tokarev

New member of the family ....Haflinger

Post by tokarev »

Thanks for the addition to the site - We just added a 1968 Haflinger to the family (bought for my wife) to go along with the 1981 712 Pinzgauer. We are located in the Tampa Bay area of Florida. I have a few questions already and this site looks alike a great knowledge source.
Attachments
Pinz.jpg
haflinger.jpg
Julian B

Re: New member of the family ....Haflinger

Post by Julian B »

Hi - and Welcome to the forum!
Julian B
W Sussex, UK

| '62 Early Series I SWB | '72 Series II LWB |
| '56 Citroën Traction Avant |
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Your Haflinger looks like most of it is there, so what are your questions? No point in keeping us in suspense!

We might just make up some answer for you for the sake of it....

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
tokarev

Post by tokarev »

I am replacing the shocks - theres some rust to fix on and around the battery box and then comes a fresh paint job. I saw a picture of a trailer hitch - are those parts for the hitch rare?
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

Hi and welcome to the forum - nice pair of vehicles :)

Shocks are pretty straight forward - given the light weight and slow speed they do not need to be anything special - there are some after market ones available in the US (Rabbit 16v posts should cover a lot of this) - I have the OEM reproductions supplied by Haflinger Technick and they work well - pretty straight forward to install.

Fixing rust is fixing rust - cut and reweld.

As far as tow bars are concerned they are rare to find individually but they do come up - there are a few alternatives to the original and these seem to work well. Keep your eye out in the classifieds - they are often in a job lots of parts. Be patient and you could always make your own - bearing in mind that the Haf will not make a good tow vehicle even with a small trailer due to its lack of power.

Welcome - a great forum with plenty of information and help.

Oh - we are so friendly here that we are on a first name basis - so put up what you preferred to be called ;)

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)