Haflinger coming to Tennessee

present your haflinger and introduce yourself to thehafllinger.com community
Tennmogger

Haflinger coming to Tennessee

Post by Tennmogger »

Thanks to Jim at Walderse and his extensive knowledge and advice, I have purchased a Haflinger. It is a 1968 North American bug-eye model. It has not run for years and will require a good bit of restoration (such as complete brake job) before being roadworthy. Of course anything else could present further problems, too. The Hafi is relatively rust and dent free and has the Eberspacher heater in the passenger footwell. I don't know much more about it at this time. Originally red, it has a grey layer of flakey paint that will come off eventually. I'll probably restore the original color.

I know Unimogs, but do not know Haflingers, so will be hanging out here with you, my new Haflinger friends (and several OLD Unimog friends too)!

Photos can be posted if I can get them reduced in size to meet forum requirements.

Bob
1952 Willys M-38, Unimogs from 1957, 1965, 1970, 1975, 1978, 1988, and a 1968 Haflinger NA bugeye!
HaffyHunter

Re: Haflinger coming to Tennessee

Post by HaffyHunter »

Hi Bob,

Welcome to the wonderful world of Haflingers! There has been a lot of activity on this forum from members who are restoring their Haf's. Don't be afraid to ask lots for anything Haffy related here as there are no silly questions...just silly answers :lol: which we have lots of.

For your future reference, the original paint color code for a red Haflinger is Audi "L36Q Red (Rot)".

Cheers,
Steve
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Hi Bob,

Welcome!

Have a look under random picture for my guide to re-sizing picture to post on here. May not be the best way, but it works.

Your not the only one who has had to renew the brake system. Did that to mine over the last 6 months or so. new shoes, wheel cylinders, master cylinder, hoses as the whole lot was shot!

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
walderse

Post by walderse »

Bob,
Congratulations and welcome to yet another interesting vehicle-related family. As you have already noticed, part for Haflingers are more easy to manipulate than the corresponding parts of an Unimog. I find them delightful to work on although they do present their fair share of mental challenges.

We look forward to seeing the photos. Let us know how we may be of assistance.

Our best to you and Kitty.

Take care.

Jim Molloy
Waldersee Farm
Sheridan, Oregon
http://www.northwestmogfest.com
jhon

Post by jhon »

Welcome to the forum Bob - I log in every day and each time I learn something new about these quirky wonderful vehicles.

Aspects of the engineering are comparable to the Unimog, but in a smaller more manageable package!

I hope you enjoy your vehicle and your time here.

John
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

Welcome to the forum - we have lots of good information on here and lots of people to offer help.

I have been grateful for the information that has helped me and I hope you will find it as informative.''

Welcome

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
Rick K

Post by Rick K »

Welcome Bob

This is a great site to help you along. Look forward to seeing pics of your new beastie.

Rick
1963 Haflinger 700APTL (ex- Hydro Tasmania)
several Puch scooters[/size]
Westernair

Post by Westernair »

Yes welcome. Did your new purchase come from a fellow mogger in Canada by chance? If not what is the history on yours?
Again welcome!