Categories for Haflinger Clubs

walderse

Categories for Haflinger Clubs

Post by walderse »

Markus,
Would you mind adding another subcategory in the the Furm section? Perhaps it could be listed just below the Event/Treff section. I suggest we have a subheading for Clubs. I will then start recommending discussion about the Haflinger 4WD Club of North America be transferred there from the Yahoo Groups site I currently manage. My goal is to eventually retire the three Yahoo sites I manage and I think Ryan Gerrish sill be doing the same eventually with the original large Haflinger Yahoo Groups site.

I know that most of the European Haflinger Clubs have their own well-establsihed websites and I would not expect them to close their sites in favor of a large forum. In time, the North American club may have its own dedicated siote as well but it ois just not that active thus far.

It is nice to see the activity on the site thus far. Good posts! I have yet to be successful in uploading a photos of our polycab but that will happen soon.

Take care.

Jim Molloy
heinkeljb

Re: Categories for Haflinger Clubs

Post by heinkeljb »

Jim,

Markus has implemented a size limitation on uploaded photos (good idea). I found the easiest way was to download something like "paint.net" (an upgraded version of paint which ships with windows). Open the photo with it and then use its "resize" - under IMAGE - select something like 600 pixels in the top box and it will automatically chose the other values for you. Then just save it somewhere sensible with a name you understand.
Next in the forum post you are creating, you will find a section below the text box labeled "upload attachment". Click on the "choose File" button, browse to your file you as above. Click "Add file".

Now make sure the flashing cursor is in the correct place i.e. where you want the photo to appear, e.g. at the end of a paragraph. Click "place inline".

You can also delete the uploaded file if need be. That bit is under the Upload section once you have uploaded a file.

John

p.s. Markus, you can put this a "sticky" if you want on how to post photos. (The size I have mentioned is not the largest size, but should be more than adequate for most photos.)
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
Rick K

Post by Rick K »

Markus

Just supporting what Jim has suggested re sub-heading for clubs. I have no desire to manage a forum for the Australian haffy club close getting off the ground, so I would prefer to direct forum traffic from our new web-site here. I have 70-odd interested parties from Australia and New Zealand which could give this new forum a bit of a boost.

Regards from sunny Sydney

Rick
1963 Haflinger 700APTL (ex- Hydro Tasmania)
several Puch scooters[/size]
Markus
Site Admin

Post by Markus »

Ok done. Have a look and tell me what you think. I have placed them under events and treff and clubs, then under appropriate region. I hope this satisfactory. If not let me know. I just have one plea, that information about the Haflinger be left to the main forum and only discussions related to club stuff ends up in the sub club forums. Else we end up with distributed info again.

Regards,
Markus .