Thanks Button

AustHaflinger

Thanks Button

Post by AustHaflinger »

Is it possible to put a Thanks button attached to posts. Instead of putting up a new post saying just "thanks" you would hit the button and at the bottom of the post appears a "Thanks" line with those people have hit the thanks button.

Cheers

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
heinkeljb

Re: Thanks Button

Post by heinkeljb »

Various other forums have a "Thanks" button, but all they do is show as a number of "Thanks" that you have given and as a number of "Thanks" you have received.

Is that what you mean. I believe it is just a option the site owner and enable or disable in their control panel.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
AustHaflinger

Re: Thanks Button

Post by AustHaflinger »

Not quite - on some forums when you hit the thanks button on a post the name of the person who did the thanking appears at the bottom of the post so the poster and others can see who has thanked the poster. Some forums also keep as tally as you suggested but to me this id less important.

I am fully supportive of people posting a thanks post to a post but often all that is needed is a simple acknowledge of the post so lowering unnecessary posts and resources on the forum.

Cheers

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)