What is the largest diameter tire?

wojo12

Re: What is the largest diameter tire?

Post by wojo12 »

I just found this article which lists a number of options for off-roadish type tyres - https://www.moke.com.au/in-the-garage/1 ... re-choices
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Useful article John,

The problem of tyres will only get worse.

The original Semprit tyres are no longer produced and the Mayolas which are the same tread pattern minus the snipes are running out. I believe they have been produced in batches previously and maybe they will produce another batch if enough dealers ask for them.
That means Haflingers will have to put 13 or 14 inch rims on and try to find suitable tyres to fit. Obviously, a lot of Tarmac treads will be available to choose from, but Offroad treads will again be more more limited in choice. Don't get me wrong, there will be more choice of Offroad tyre patterns in a 13 or 14 inch but they will be "tamer" than the Semprits or Mayolas.

The other issue is whether or not the Offroad tyres are "road legal" - DOT stamping a case in point for the Americans, E stamped for Europe, etc.

Then you have the problem that not all variations of a given tyre make are available in all countries.... That means importation if allowed, as a way round that, but that makes the tyres even more expensive.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
pureredcordial

Post by pureredcordial »

You can still get Yokohama M&S R12 tyres direct from Japan...might be the smallest diameter tyre you can buy though
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Set-of-4-YO ... SwJ8RbmHfy