Tank sealers

Bigdougal

Tank sealers

Post by Bigdougal »

Does anyone have any experience of using tank sealers. I have been reading about a product called slosh which is resistant to ethanol, which is becoming more commonplace, particularly here in France.

Cheers

Doug
Cheers

Doug Hart

1972 AP 700
Julian B

Re: Tank sealers

Post by Julian B »

I used POR15 and whilst a long winded process (lots of sloshing about and draining processes), it has worked very well. I wouldn't hesitate to use it again.
Julian B
W Sussex, UK

| '62 Early Series I SWB | '72 Series II LWB |
| '56 Citroën Traction Avant |
Bigdougal

Post by Bigdougal »

Thanks Julian,

I will check it out.
Cheers

Doug Hart

1972 AP 700
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

I have used it as well and worked fine.

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
Bigdougal

Post by Bigdougal »

Cheers Garry.

Do you know if it works with ethanol as I understand it can cause a problem for tank sealers?

Best

Doug
Cheers

Doug Hart

1972 AP 700
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

The world market has several manufactures of several different tank sealers. I am sure that atleast one of them will be suitable for high ethanol content fuel.

I think there should be details on the side of product to say if it is ethanol resistant. Petseal is (was) used by motorcyclists for their petrol tanks, but I don't know if it has been updated for modern fuels yet.
There is this stuff as http://www.eclecticproducts.com/sealall.htm

Have a look at this page for more variations:-
https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q= ... nk+sealant

I have to say, I only have experience of the Petseal and that was on motorcycle tanks many years ago.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Your "slosh" sealer according tot he blurb should be fine as long as you follow their instructions about cleaning the tank beforehand. I have just read the page :-
http://www.rust.co.uk/0002-slosh-ethano ... l/p405062/

If they have been using it for 2 years on 100% ethanol without trouble then it should cope with modern fuels.

Not a personal recommendation (yet), I really ought to seal my tank as I am starting to get "bits" in the fuel filter which I don't think are dust! / grit blown it whilst filling up!

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!