LWB Jerry can Holder

ogdenenterprise

LWB Jerry can Holder

Post by ogdenenterprise »

I asked sometime ago about a jerry can holder for my Lwb Haf. I also asked on one of the facebook forums, and Constantin
kindly posted these photos.
I have drawn a free hand plan, taking in measurements from the spare wheel carrier and other measurements from the photos.
The holes in the chassis are already there, so I dont know if all the Lwbs chassis are the same.
Give me your honest opinion as to what you think, and if you can suggest something you would alter.

Dave
Attachments
Jerry can measurements.jpg
Lwb jerry can holder 1.jpg
Lwb jerry can holder 2.jpg
Lwb jerry can holder 3.jpg
Lwb jerry can holder 4.JPG
AustHaflinger

Re: LWB Jerry can Holder

Post by AustHaflinger »

Is different to my late model swb - mine lies on its side under the rear foot well.
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
heinkeljb

Re: LWB Jerry can Holder

Post by heinkeljb »

I thought all LWB Haflingers had deep foor wells to accomadate the optional extra of 6 seats - i.e. two more feet in teh footwell from the people sitting with their backs to the direction of travel.
That would mean that the gap between the MkII petrol tank on the left hand side looking forward from behind the vehicle, and the foot well would as per the picture above.
I haven't gone out to look at my '73 LWB (UK) but I have that gap.

I should say that as long as it fits the gap, is stong enough to hold a full Jerry can securely it would be an acceptable addition to the Platform.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!