Snow plows/ploughs?

Czechsix

Snow plows/ploughs?

Post by Czechsix »

What were the original options for those? How did they mount?

I'm thinking about converting a modern side by side plow into one that's suitable for the haf. I'm thinking of setting it up as a more-or-less quick mount system. Putting four adaptor plates onto the front and rear areas on the running gear, and then building a system to support a plow, running a support frame from front to rear underneath the truck.

Anyone on the board have something like this?

I've been searching for pictures on the web, but there's really not that much out there.

And yes...about a foot of snow last night. And I don't feel like buying an expensive snow blower when I have a small 4x4 right here.
Swiss 1963 700AP, Weber 32ICS carb, electric fuel pump, Black Diamond XTR 25x8x12 tires, Pertronix, civilian ignition and regulator system conversion, extra fuel filters, 4 point belts, NATO 3 color camouflage, Cobra CB radio, battery cut off switch
heinkeljb

Re: Snow plows/ploughs?

Post by heinkeljb »

Rather badly filmed Haflinger being used they way you are suggesting:0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5te3uVJ6eA

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
Czechsix

Re: Snow plows/ploughs?

Post by Czechsix »

something like this....

or this....

Swiss 1963 700AP, Weber 32ICS carb, electric fuel pump, Black Diamond XTR 25x8x12 tires, Pertronix, civilian ignition and regulator system conversion, extra fuel filters, 4 point belts, NATO 3 color camouflage, Cobra CB radio, battery cut off switch