Cold weather mods?

Rabbit 16v

Re: Cold weather mods?

Post by Rabbit 16v »

Ja, I double checked and its not welded like I thought. It has the bolts. I should probably install it as I think not having it there last summer was contributing to my heat soak conditions I was experiencing after driving for a while.
63 Serie 1 SWB
72 Serie 2 LWB
63 Serie 1 SWB
bunch of other randoms
Czechsix

Re: Cold weather mods?

Post by Czechsix »

mechanical horse wrote:Hey Gang,
Here is some technical advice on the mesh on the rear engine cover.
Travel here to Australia, purchase an ironing board, you know those contraptions that you unfold and it stands up to form a platform to rest your clothes on while you iron them, pull the thing apart and you will find in the guts of the thing there is a really nice sheet of 'MESH". Remove the mesh and throw the entire ironing board in the bin because you do not want to get into the habit of ironing your clothes.
Cut this sheet of mesh to the size you want for your Haffy and the job is done.It is the correct shape, size and cross section as the original. The reason that Dale hasn't got any is probably because the entire world wide stock of this mesh is being used in ironing boards.
With a bit of pre planning before you come to Australia, you could find out where some of us Haffy owners live and drop in for a cuppa or a beer. I will go and put the kettle on .
Regards Rick.
Sigh.

You see Rick, this is why these little Haflingers cost so much, it's not the vehicle itself, but all the maintenance and assorted things you need to do to keep them running right.

I don't believe you about these "ironing boards". Never seen one, and I don't think they exist. If they do exist, by some chance, they're obviously created by some kind of aberrant mindset. The whole concept is just....wrong. Then again, they do sound like something an Austrian would design. Or a German. Maybe a Prussian.

I'd love to make the trip south, but sadly I think my days of international travel are over.

I'll hoist a goodwill beer towards the south, that'll have to do.

ironing boards....pffftttttt :lol:
Swiss 1963 700AP, Weber 32ICS carb, electric fuel pump, Black Diamond XTR 25x8x12 tires, Pertronix, civilian ignition and regulator system conversion, extra fuel filters, 4 point belts, NATO 3 color camouflage, Cobra CB radio, battery cut off switch