Made a couple of additions

heinkeljb

Made a couple of additions

Post by heinkeljb »

In preparation for our gloomy winter evenings and longer evenings during the summer, when the natural light can be a bit vague. I thought I would add some extra lights. As we all know, the electrical system on a Haflinger is not the most powerful, so couldn't very well add huge great spotlights!

So came up with these:-
front LED lights.jpg
front LED lights.jpg (82.76 KiB) Viewed 2870 times
Rear LEDs.jpg
Rear LEDs.jpg (109.42 KiB) Viewed 2870 times
Apologises for the quality of the pictures, phone cameras are not know for being able to take great low light pictures. They are actually brighter than they appear in the photos.
As they are purely bolted on, they can be taken off with no lasting damage which would need any work to put right.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
AustHaflinger

Re: Made a couple of additions

Post by AustHaflinger »

Yes the 240w output of the generator is not the greatest. I have LEDs for my front parkers, will be changing all the rear globes to LEDs in due course. I will change the main lights to low power HIDs or LEDs and have LED spotties to go on. There is not such an issue if you don't drive at night but if you do then there could be an issue.

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)