Help with some photos

Bigdougal

Help with some photos

Post by Bigdougal »

Hi,

After removing my platform from the rolling chassis I took a series of photographs showing where everything ran; cables, linkages electrics, fuel lines etc. unfortunetaly they where taken with my iPad which I have managed to misplace. Would any of you kind members have taken similar photos during your restorations and if so could you post them for me to take a look at.

Cheers

Doug
Cheers

Doug Hart

1972 AP 700
heinkeljb

Re: Help with some photos

Post by heinkeljb »

Hi Doug,

Sorry to hear you have "lost" all your pictures. Now you will remember to have a backup of things that are important if they are saved on a computer system.

I know that is not much help to you at present.

I can take picture of things on lurch if that is any help to you. Let me know which things specifically and I will do my best. I think most of the things can be put in to roughly the right positions just because you identify them correctly and with the help of the parts book if they have been taken apart.

Electric Cables should be straight forward. Those that go round the engine compartment are along the top to the engine firewall, Obviously two break outs going to the rear lights, the longer side with the wires for the number plate lights is on the left hand side looking from the rear of the vehicle. Through the firewall via a rubber grommet, then a long the main channel clipped in behind the various "tangs" all the way to the front, then down and into the passenger foot well conduit going up to the joint with the top bodywork. Then you have the problem of wiring up the dash - the wiring diagram will be needed.

When I have had to do that sort of work, I got the wiring diagram photocopied and blown up to A3, then bought various coloured felt tips / pencils / crayons and went over the various lines in which ever colour was required so my wiring diagram became a colour one!

The fuel line also has "Tangs" which hold it in place in the central section on the frame. In the center part of that you also have the handbrake rod and pulley.

I think Julian Berry has most of the photos you are asking about. The pictures relate to a 1962 model, but I don't think they moved things very much other than the position of the fuel tank. He should look at this thread shortly and hopefully will post some pictures. Have you had a look at his restoration thread? Are there any pictures on that help?

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
Bigdougal

Post by Bigdougal »

Backed up to iCloud but unfortunately one needs a mac or iPad to access and I live in the middle of nowhere. Not a lot of apple stores in these parts.
Cheers

Doug Hart

1972 AP 700
Julian B

Post by Julian B »

Doug, I am away until Wednesday, but can send you some photos upon my return. If you can wait that long, PM me your email address and I will see what I can find upon my return.

Julian
Julian B
W Sussex, UK

| '62 Early Series I SWB | '72 Series II LWB |
| '56 Citroën Traction Avant |
Bigdougal

Post by Bigdougal »

Panic over. Have found my iPad. It was under a sofa and the teeth marks in the cover would suggest that one my two Australian Cattle Dogs has been using it. I must remember to change the password in case they trying using it again.

Many thanks for all the help, advice and photos.

Cheers

Doug
Cheers

Doug Hart

1972 AP 700
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Glad to hear you found it.. Now you have NO EXCUSE for getting on with the rebuild...... :lol: :lol:

So do we get to see some of these elusive photos? They might be of help to some one else that hasn't plucked up the courage to post yet.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
Bigdougal

Post by Bigdougal »

Hi All,

Would anyone be able to help me with the exact routeing of the fuel pipe on a late model 700 (tank under seat) particularly where it passes through the engine bay bulkhead.

Best

Doug
Cheers

Doug Hart

1972 AP 700
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Doug,

I take it you have worked out that the fuel pipe runs from the inside panel of ht fuel tank into the central channel and then into the engine bay? Don't forget the rubber grommet where it goes through the fire wall!
I will take some specific pictures of the route from Lurch when I get back from work tis evening, but in the mean time maybe this will help:-
http://thehaflinger.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2984

If you look at he second picture down, yo will see the pipe comes in behind the carb, bends to the right (in the picture) follows the fire wall until it is above the starter solenoid and then on towards the back of the vehicle. It stops just short of the bracket on the side which is there to hold the glass bowl fuel filter. From there a pipe goes down between the voltage regulator and rear lights to the fuel pump. From fuel pump up behind the lower part of the air shroud, along to the left hand side of the air shroud and then up to enter the carb from the lower right hand side.

John

Bigdougal

Post by Bigdougal »

Thanks John,

Much appreciated.
Cheers

Doug Hart

1972 AP 700
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Sorry Doug,

Got home rather late this evening and flash photos probably won't turn out to well. So i will take the pictures tomorrow and past them up first thing.

John

heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Hi Doug,

Finally you get your pictures!
Fuel pipe through firewall.jpg
fuel pipe round engine bay.jpg
Fuel pipe from pump round air shroud.jpg
If you need other photos of something specific, post the request.....

John

Bigdougal

Post by Bigdougal »

Thanks John,

Very helpful in confirming what I thought, although at some point, based on a kink in the fuel line, mine has taken a slightly different approach as it meets the securing lug furthest from the fuel tank. Talking of fuel tanks have today discovered mine still has a small leak having repaired it. As luck would have it the leak is under one of the four channels for holding the securing straps in place. Just about the only place I couldn't get to. Any idea if any new ones are available from anyone?

Cheers
Cheers

Doug Hart

1972 AP 700
AngelPantoja

Post by AngelPantoja »

Hi Doug,
here is the link of my restoration photo album:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... ec5cbf9ef7

You can use it to check the info you could need in your proyect.

Cheers,

Angel.-
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

New petrol tanks are available, but I believe they don't have all the pressings. They are about the £300 mark from what I remember. Haflinger Technik had some, although I think they came from European suppliers.

You can always seal the inside of the tank with some thing like Petseal or there is an American product called "leakseal" which is supposed to be petrol proof.

John