1963 SWB Haflinger

Neofitou

1963 SWB Haflinger

Post by Neofitou »

Hello All,

Here I will document my Haflinger build.
It will be a slow process and might not even really start until next year. Once we get settled into a new house and I get a decent shed and some funds to put into the car.

First though, I apologise to the community as I do not plan a full restoration, though a do plan to try and keep it original looking, I want to do an electric conversion. As my Haflinger has no engine but does have the gearbox it's the perfect platform for my project. Please withhold your criticisms.

I bought the car from Sam from Queensland on this forum after I started dating my girlfriend, her family has two of them, we were talking about them and I was reading up on them and saw Sam's ad.

Here are the pics from his post:

Apparently it's been off the road since the 70s after a failed vw engine conversion.

I had Sam drop the car at my Cousin's Boyfriend's farm while I was still overseas.
I'm back in Australia now, I was planing on a driving holiday in September which would have included collecting the car, but last week I was offered a cheap backhaul car transport down to Victoria so I jumped on the chance. So it's now on my Girlfriend's uncles property with one of theirs.

I'm really keen on this build and a bit sad that it will take a back seat for a while to my Suzuki build, but I should at least get some time in the next few months to kill the rust and do a proper assessment and build plan to take to the engineer for approval.

Cheers,

Neo
Last edited by Neofitou on Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
AustHaflinger

Re: 1963 SWB Haflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

Well I think you have your work cut out for you but then you will find plenty of inspiration on here.

Cheers

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
RPower

Re: 1963 SWB Haflinger

Post by RPower »

Neat! An electric variant would definitely be an interesting twist! Good luck sir!