1969 Haflinger 700AP

RPower

1969 Haflinger 700AP

Post by RPower »

My first Haflinger! He's going to be making the trip to his new home, my home, in the next month or so. I'm pretty excited and can't wait to start restoring him! Here are a few pictures including the Number Plate and a potential parts truck I picked up as well. He'll need a bit of work, but I'm optimistic that he will be up and running by this time next year. :)

https://scontent-a-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hph ... 2908_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 2390799672
StuartR

Re: 1969 Haflinger 700AP

Post by StuartR »

Looks like you have the basis for two!

Deep envy.

If you do break one for spares let me know if the front panel is available?
Best Regards

Stuart

Northampton
HaffyHunter

Post by HaffyHunter »

My first Haflinger! He's going to be making the trip to his new home, my home
Hi RPower,
Welcome to the Haflinger community. That's a great looking pair of Canadian pattern Haflingers you found. Where is "home" for you?
I fully restored my 1969 Canadian Haflinger (finished 3 years ago). Let me know if you need any information.
Cheers,
Steve
RPower

Post by RPower »

StuartR wrote:Looks like you have the basis for two!
Yes, two would be ideal, but I am concentrating on just the one that actually has a number plate. The other one has no number plate as far as I am told, but I won't really have much to go on until they actually get to Oregon and I can poke around some more and maybe find a VIN stamped somewhere on the chassis.
HaffyHunter wrote: Hi RPower,
Welcome to the Haflinger community. That's a great looking pair of Canadian pattern Haflingers you found. Where is "home" for you?
I fully restored my 1969 Canadian Haflinger (finished 3 years ago). Let me know if you need any information.
Cheers,
Steve
Thanks for the welcome Steve! Home is the Portland area in Oregon! I probably WILL hit you up for some tips/tricks in the months to come, thanks for the offer! As this will be my first restoration project, ever, I'm sure I will be hitting the forums for some good advice from some experienced folks quite often. :ugeek:
HaffyHunter

Post by HaffyHunter »

Hi RPower,
Did you get your trucks from Surrey, BC (Canada)?
Regards,
Steve
HaffyHunter

Post by HaffyHunter »

Yes, two would be ideal, but I am concentrating on just the one that actually has a number plate. The other one has no number plate as far as I am told, but I won't really have much to go on until they actually get to Oregon and I can poke around some more and maybe find a VIN stamped somewhere on the chassis.
There is no VIN stamp anywhere on the chassis. The chassis serial number is stamped on the mounting flange on the right hand side of the gearbox. There is also a different motor serial number stamped in the crankcase just below the oil dipstick tube. If you can send me these numbers I can send you a new plate with the correct VIN number (which is not the same as the chassis or motor numbers).

Cheers,
Steve
walderse

Post by walderse »

Ryan,
Congratulations on the acquisition of George's two 1969 trucks. It is noce to know they have found a good home and, better yet, in the Pacific Northwest. At our recent NWMF event, the dicision was made to return to Leavenworth, WA for the 6th annual Haflingertreffen Nordamerika in June 2015. I have no doubt you will have at lest one of your two trucks operational. In fact, there are still nine Haflingers present on the farm with some owners holding their own "mini-treffen" this weekend. You are welcome to come out this evening or tomorrow if you are not doing anything else.

Do you know if George has sold the 1964 non-running truck yet? We had hoped he would bring down his beautifully restored 1964 runner for NWMF but that was not to be.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

Jim Molloy
Waldersee Farm
Sheridan, Oregon
http://www.northwestmogfest.com
RPower

Post by RPower »

walderse wrote:Do you know if George has sold the 1964 non-running truck yet?
I don't know, to be honest. As of a few weeks ago I believe he hadn't...
walderse wrote:Ryan,
Congratulations on the acquisition of George's two 1969 trucks. It is nice to know they have found a good home and, better yet, in the Pacific Northwest.
Thanks Jim! I couldn't agree more. I thought hard about getting the running truck, but I couldn't pass up the '69's; I love the "Bug Eye" look too much. :ugeek: I'm going to arrange for them to be here in the next month. It will give me a little time to sort out the funds for the rest of the purchase. As of now I've given him a deposit so he would hold them for me.
walderse wrote: At our recent NWMF event, the decision was made to return to Leavenworth, WA for the 6th annual Haflingertreffen Nordamerika in June 2015. I have no doubt you will have at lest one of your two trucks operational.
I hope so! I'm already super excited to get started on one. I have been hooked ever since Ryan Gerrish gave me a ride in his Haffie in June. :D
walderse wrote:In fact, there are still nine Haflingers present on the farm with some owners holding their own "mini-treffen" this weekend. You are welcome to come out this evening or tomorrow if you are not doing anything else.
I'll see if that is in the cards. Tomorrow has the potential of being a busy day, depending on others getting back to me. What time would be a good time to show up, if I were to make it?
walderse

Post by walderse »

Ryan,
You are welcome to come out at any time. The campers are currently packing up so two of the Haflingers will soon be departing.
Take care.

Jim Molloy
Waldersee Farm
http://www.northwestmogfest.com
RPower

Post by RPower »

HaffyHunter wrote:
There is no VIN stamp anywhere on the chassis. The chassis serial number is stamped on the mounting flange on the right hand side of the gearbox. There is also a different motor serial number stamped in the crankcase just below the oil dipstick tube. If you can send me these numbers I can send you a new plate with the correct VIN number (which is not the same as the chassis or motor numbers).

Cheers,
Steve
Thank you again Steve. I'll definitely be poking around the mystery truck once they get here and maybe take you up on your generous offer. :)