Change of Ownership of "TheHaflinger.Com"

present your haflinger and introduce yourself to thehafllinger.com community
heinkeljb

Change of Ownership of "TheHaflinger.Com"

Post by heinkeljb »

Markus, who originally setup and ran this forum "TheHaflinger.com" has reluctantly decided that circumstances have changed for him and he can no longer give the time and effort to the forum that it requires.

You will all have read my posts along with several others who are the "prolific" posters. Markus originally approached the top 5 poster and asked them if they would consider becoming Administrators of the forum - You can see who they are by clicking on the red "Administrators" word at the bottom of each page.

As Markus can no longer give the time to the forum, I have agreed following consultation with the other administrators to take over the forum. Hopefully, you the members will not see any change in the way things are done - new members will still have to apply and be "activated" by a human as a method of reducing the spam posts. you can still report posts to Admin's for action if required. The forum is still FREE, but any donations are welcome. I am in the process of setting up a specific PAYPAY account to accept those donations.

I will put another post up when that is done.

Yours,

John Bennett
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
walderse

Re: Change of Ownership of "TheHaflinger.Com"

Post by walderse »

John,
I am very happy that this forum will continue "as-is" without interruption. It have become an extremely valuable resource in so many ways.
Thank you for stepping forward.
Take care.

Jim Molloy
Waldersee Farm
Sheridan, Oregon USA
http://www.northwestmogfest.com
Northwest MogFest
Haflingertreffen Nordamerika
Steyr-Puch Haflinger Technical Advisor-MVPA
Czechsix

Post by Czechsix »

Yes, thanks for taking this over, John. Many thanks to Markus for getting it rolling initially.
Swiss 1963 700AP, Weber 32ICS carb, electric fuel pump, Black Diamond XTR 25x8x12 tires, Pertronix, civilian ignition and regulator system conversion, extra fuel filters, 4 point belts, NATO 3 color camouflage, Cobra CB radio, battery cut off switch
jhon

Post by jhon »

Thank you John and the other admins for stepping up and keeping the forum going - it is much appreciated!
ogdenenterprise

Post by ogdenenterprise »

Thank you, to those past and present.

Dave
StuartR

Post by StuartR »

Thanks guys for agreeing to take this on.
It is a great forum and full of info, and would be a tragedy to have lost it.
Best Regards

Stuart

Northampton
Techmogogy

Post by Techmogogy »

Just back to the forum and saw this - great news
Thx!
--------------
72 Pathfinder Hafi
75 710M Pinzgauer 2.7i
96 350GDT
Markus
Site Admin

Post by Markus »

Hi Guys,

I have transferred the donations account to the new account for website related costs. The website is YOUR website and the word Ownership is related to the ownership of the domain name where a person must be stated.

I hope for transparency in use of funds and administration. so get involved and give a John a hand the administration/running of thehaflinger.com.

Regards and good luck,
Markus