inlet / exhaust manifold

ogdenenterprise

inlet / exhaust manifold

Post by ogdenenterprise »

The only thing I did not replace on the rebuild was the exhaust manifold, so when a hole appeared I thought I had better have a stainless steel one made. The pre heat on the inlet manifold had been repaired by someone earlier as you can see the pipes were not level with the inlet pipes, so I also had them both replaced with stainless. It took a few visits to the welder, to get all the angles to match up, he did it all freehand from the existing manifold, the pre heat pipe alteration was a after thought. it now sound a lot better and starts as soon as I turn the key.

Dave
Attachments
IMG_0524.jpeg
IMG_0946.JPG
IMG_0903.JPG
heinkeljb

Re: inlet / exhaust manifold

Post by heinkeljb »

Looks good even if you didn't manage to get the tubes bent and weld in exactly the right angles first time round. Doesn't stainless steel tubes add a completely different sound to things compared to mild steel tubing!

Every vehicle I have heard which has a stainless steel exhaust system, sounds different even if the same dimensions are used.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!