Uk Registration.

Tajman

Uk Registration.

Post by Tajman »

Having nearly completed the restoration/rebuild ( not sure of the correct terminology), I wish to apply to to register the vehicle and get a date related number plate.
I am sure the Haflinger was registered some time ago. There is evidence of UK size number plate screw holes on the body work.
Also the Wagenstammkarte that I got from Haflinger Technix, states that it was supplied to Ryders Auto Service (GB) Ltd in the year of manufacture, 1967.
I have already contacted DVLA with regard to registering the vehicle and getting a date related number plate. They are saying I need to fill in a Build up Report V627/1, which I don not feel is relevant to me as I have not changed the vehicle as I have not made "any significant modifications or substantial change as defined in the DVLA guidance."
They also state that I should Get A NOVA import cert. Even though they have seen the Wagenstammkarte.
They also say I should dating evidence from an owners club or enthusiasts club.
I see in the list they provide the only one listed is The Haflinger and Pinzgauar Cub UK., Peter and Nigel Elliot. Sheffield.
I will contact them and ask their advice, cost and whether it is even possible during lock down.
Anybody got any suggestions?
Cheers ,Jeff
heinkeljb

Re: Uk Registration.

Post by heinkeljb »

Get Nigel or Peter to see your Wagenstammkarte build sheet. They can then write a document for DVLA stating that the chassis number is consistent with the vehicle having been built in 1967.
Get a form from the post office to apply for a registration document. Fill that out and send along with you other supporting papers . If they then continue to insist upon V627/1 fill it in but put N/A in the relevant place where it asks for changes made to the vehicle.
I would speak to HMRC about the requirement of a NOVA report. see this page-
https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -enquiries

Use the web chat and explain your situation and get their advice.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
Tajman

Re: Uk Registration.

Post by Tajman »

Thanks John,
I have made contact with Peter and he is arranging someone to come and inspect the vehicle.
Jeff.