Attachments
eberspacher.jpg
eberspacher.jpg (101.84 KiB) Viewed 4373 times
heinkeljb

Re: Eberspacher.

Post by heinkeljb »

Looks good, What's wrong with it?

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
maxhafli

Post by maxhafli »

This photo is after the inspection and replacement of some components ..... should now be fully functional. tests tomorrow!
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

I suppose those things are hard to find and expensive. I live in an area that is very hot in summer but gets quite cold in winter and some sort of heating would be nice. I would like one of these but I think that would be unrealistic.

You can buy a self contained version that burns diesel here quite cheap that is about the right size but of course is not anything like the original item.

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
maxhafli

Post by maxhafli »

Hi Garry,

if you want I can find one of these heaters. and restart it.

I've done this with other friends Haflinger.
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

How much for one of them?

It would have to be very cheap as the delivery cost is still going to make it very expensive to get any where else in the world.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
Rick K

Post by Rick K »

Ive got one of these in a 700APT (original fitting), but Im too scared to fire it up. I can just see the bloody thing expoding. Ive bought new diaphragms for it via Robert Prokschi, so should be servicable. Rick
1963 Haflinger 700APTL (ex- Hydro Tasmania)
several Puch scooters[/size]
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

I was thinking about one of these http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PLANAR-4-6KW ... ac2d6a9c1- not original but is about the right size and burns diesel rather than petrol. Also if set up right, it is self contained I can move it to my camper or to my big truck as required.

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
Rick K

Post by Rick K »

That looks like a good option, as long as there is room enough for the diesel fuel tank. I can send photos of the ducting arrangement should you go down this track. The parts come up on the German ebay site from time to time. Rick
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

Thanks Rick - is not a high priority at the moment as I want to get my haffie registered and on the road and in regular use. It should happen soon after I get the crucial parts I need - hopefully next week.

I looked at "electric" fan heater options but with only 240w available from the electrical system that is not an option - neither is an electrically heated motorcycle jacket.

After I am satisfied with the reliability of the vehicle I will then start looking at the nice to haves.

Cheers

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

I am sure the diesel tank could be relocated if need be. Might need a pump if it currently relies on gravity, but that shouldn't be difficult to over come.

I had a quick look on "FleaBay" and there appear to be a number of different models / sizes / makes available so it is probable that one could be made to fit without altering things too much.

John

maxhafli

Post by maxhafli »

A good Eberspacher heating, restored and repaired, with all original accessories, costs about € 280 plus shipping.
pathfinder700ap

Post by pathfinder700ap »

Hi Rick,

you can easily remove the heater from the Haflinger and put it on some self-made device that replaces the front footwell (made of wood or whatever). Then use a car battery and a small fuel tank to run it outside of the vehicle. You may remove and use the original switch from the dashboard as well. I would recommend that you change the diaphragms and the rubber fuel lines. And I hope that the fuel pump is sill OK.

The original german repair manual is very good when it comes to correctly adjust the heater (e.g. the pressure regulator with the diaphragms and the period of continued ventilation after you switch it off). I can help you with translation if you like.

Also don't forget to change a small piece of rubber line which is hidden behind the front footwell, where two metal fuel lines join.

Kind regards,
Constantin
Rick K

Post by Rick K »

Hello Constantin

Thanks for the advice- yes good idea to test it well away from the prescious Haflinger, as well as replace all the degradable parts. I would like to do this soon- but the que is long with projects! A few too many as you know.

with regards from a warm Sydney

Rick
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

I was aircrew in the Royal Australian Navy for a few years and heating in the Grumman Tracker aircraft I flew in was provided by an Eberspacher type fuel burner in the nose. The thought of having 115/145 Octane Avgas burning away at your feet was too frightening to think about so was never used - so if I were to fit an original unit to a Haffie I would be definitely be upgrading/replcing all the bits that carry petrol.

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
maxhafli

Post by maxhafli »

Here you can read the manual for the Eberspacher. is the German language but Constantin
can help! ;)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ap-700/523 ... 407591201/
maxhafli

Post by maxhafli »

Finite control, reassembled working!
Attachments
web.jpg
web.jpg (93.45 KiB) Viewed 4167 times