Northwest MogFest 2016: August 18th-21st

walderse

Northwest MogFest 2016: August 18th-21st

Post by walderse »

Hello to all.
We officially start the event in one month although we have already had some early arrivals. We are expecting a very large Haflinger presence along with all the other interesting European high mobility vehicles.

Unfortunately, the Northwest MogFest website's server crashed in a major way and our webmaster is working hard to reinstitute the service. Regardless, NWMF2016 is definitely happening. If you have never attended, just check out the numerous entries for Northwest MogFest on YouTube for a small sampling of the fun.

Take care...one and all.

Jim Molloy
Waldersee Farm
Sheridan, Oregon
http://www.northwestmogfest.com
Julian B

Re: Northwest MogFest 2016: August 18th-21st

Post by Julian B »

Hi Jim,

We are looking forward to attending enormously - even though I can't bring my own Haflinger it'll be the highlight of our NW USA trip 8-)

See you in a few weeks,

Julian
Julian B
W Sussex, UK

| '62 Early Series I SWB | '72 Series II LWB |
| '56 Citroën Traction Avant |
walderse

Post by walderse »

And...as if by magic...the website has gone live once again.

Here is the direct link to the invitation page.

http://www.northwestmogfest.com/invite

Julian, we are looking forward to your arrival.
Safe travels.

Jim Molloy
walderse

Post by walderse »

Another quick update.

Last year's bright yellow Rhino-lined Haflinger swing has now been replaced by the very rusty 1971 Pathfinder we recently hauled back from Texas last month. While the yellow version was just bare tub, nosepiece and windshield frame, this year, the truck will remain complete with engine and chassis in place. All that added mass should slow down the whole swinging process. We have tentatively named the ex-Texas truck "Tetanus" due to the many rusty sharp edges.

Take care.

Jim Molloy
Waldersee Farm
Sheridan, Oregon
walderse

Post by walderse »

The Waldersee Farm dust has finally settled.

We have added more branches to the NWMF family tree.
Julian and his family for the UK.
Vincent and his wife from the Netherlands.
Janne and Eiya from Finland.
Even Hubert und Ima...the mystery couple from Germany as well as many friends and family from the USA and Canada.

Excellent Haflinger turnout although there were at least a half dozen "local" trucks missing for a variety or reasons.
So mark your calendars for August 17th-20th, 2017. The eighteen rendition will be upon us much earlier than we think.
Take care...one and all.

Jim & Emilie Molloy
Waldersee Farm
Sheridan, Oregon
Julian B

Post by Julian B »

Hi Jim,

We had an absolute blast at the NWMF - many many thanks go out to you, Emilie and the whole team who helped to put on such a fun & memorable weekend. I will write more when I get back to the UK (with some photos). There was some seriously impressive machinery on display - the VW Synchros were an eye opener for me ... amazingly competent off road vehicles, and I just loved the older Unimogs; my "want" of a Mercedes G Wagon has turned in to a "need", and being allowed to actually drive a CH Army "skeleton" Haflinger was probably the highlight of the visit. Or perhaps driving the 6x6 Pinzgauer through the obstacle course (aka The Pit)?

Fabulous fun 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
Julian B
W Sussex, UK

| '62 Early Series I SWB | '72 Series II LWB |
| '56 Citroën Traction Avant |