Classic vehicle show near Paris (France)

heinkeljb

Classic vehicle show near Paris (France)

Post by heinkeljb »

http://www.locomotion-en-fete.com/

Hi all,

I am thinking of going to this next year in Lurch. Looks quite big and seems to have a wide selection of vehicles to look at, but no Haflingers!
Need to work on the logistics and time off from work to be able to attend, but hopefully it is far enough in advance to be able to organise.

You up for it Doug? Gives you a deadline to get your Haflinger up and running.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
Julian B

Re: Classic vehicle show near Paris (France)

Post by Julian B »

Hi John, I could be up for that - but would be torn between whether to take my Haflinger or one of my other steeds. :oops:

Do you know when it will be in 2015?

Keep us posted!
Julian B
W Sussex, UK

| '62 Early Series I SWB | '72 Series II LWB |
| '56 Citroën Traction Avant |
Bigdougal

Post by Bigdougal »

Why not, sounds like a good deadline (although I think I will be sorted this Xmas). May 24 if my French is working correctly.

The only potential trouble i see is getting the French historic vehicle certificate I have, transferred from the previous owner (sadly deceased) into my name so I can get number plates. Even the French can't take 6 months.
Cheers

Doug Hart

1972 AP 700
Julian B

Post by Julian B »

The 24th May date I see is for 2014 ...
Julian B
W Sussex, UK

| '62 Early Series I SWB | '72 Series II LWB |
| '56 Citroën Traction Avant |
Bigdougal

Post by Bigdougal »

I told you my French was rusty!
Cheers

Doug Hart

1972 AP 700
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Haven't seen any thing up on the site yet for 2015, but maybe they are not very quick about updating the web site. I'll try to get round to sending them an email to ask about dates, bookings etc.

Doug, you could always put it on a trailer to get it there. Once on their airfield I doubt anyone will quibble about number plates!

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Julian, take the Citroen and get a tow bar fitted, then you can take the Haflinger as well!

John

heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

I have just tried to use the "contact us" page on the web site, but it does not appear to work so I will try the old fashion way of writing a letter!

I just hope I have managed to find the correct address.... My French being even more rusty than Lurch!

John

heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Written a letter, posted it off weeks ago, but had not reply so maybe they don't bother if they don't like your french and who can blame them for Google's translation from English... It probably ended up saying some thing horrid!
So I will watch the web site and hope to get info with enough time to be able to organise things.

John

heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

I haven't heard anything back form the letter I wrote to the only address i could find on their web site. Their web site "contact us" does not work and they haven't changed anything date wise to show when 2015's rally is happening. Looks like a bust for 2015 then...
I need to book holiday time in order to be able to drive there and back and actually have two day there!

So as the 7th Dutch Haflinger Rally / Treffen has posted dates, looks like I'll be going there if this one happens in May 2015.

John