Halinger and Pinzgauer Club UK Events

woodman

Halinger and Pinzgauer Club UK Events

Post by woodman »

Club Events 2021

Thanks to all who attended Club Events in 2019
Due to Covid 19 there were no Events in 2020

Club Events for 2021

Dersingham 1st,2nd & 3rd May 2921 NB... Due to Covid 19 Regulations it is with regret that we have had to cancel this Event, hopefully next year 2022 things will have improved, all other Events listed will take place, again subject to Covid 19 Regulations in place at the time.

Lake District Event 19th & 20th June 2021

Scottish & AGM Event 17th & 18th July 2021

September Event 25th & 26th September 2021

NB... All Events could be subject to Covid 19 Regulations or Cancelled

Club Members will receive an Event Flyer by Email Six Weeks before the Event

Forum Members are welcome at Events, PM me for details

heinkeljb

Re: Halinger and Pinzgauer Club UK Events

Post by heinkeljb »

Dersingham Treffen 2023:-
Dersingham Event April 29,30 & May 1 2023
Come and enjoy the First Event of the season at Life Wood, Dersingham,
Saturday... Road / Green Lane run taking in the glorious Norfolk countryside.
Saturday... Evening Meal at the Feathers, Dersingham.
Sunday... Optional.. Play on site,for all you budding off roaders, Site seeing, Shopping etc Or an organised short road run to the Wells and Walsingham Light Railway.
Monday... On site and Goodbyes.
When.... Saturday & Sunday April 29,30 & Monday May 1 (Bank Holiday) 2023
Where.... Life Wood, Dersingham.
Directions.... A17/A47 to a large roundabout East of Kings Lynn. Turn Left onto A149 signed Hunstanton.
After 8 miles down a hill to a roundabout fork right to Dersingham. Through the village, over traffic lights; and approx 1.5 miles is the entrance to the wood on your Left (Look out for Haf Sign) If you see a sign to Ingoldisthorpe you have gone too far!!
For those with Sat Navs PE31 6NG will take you about a 100m past the site
Cost.... There is a facility fee of £30 per Driver and no charge for Non Drivers
Camping.... On site camping is available at no extra charge, a toilet is provided but there is NO water available on site.
Evening Meal.... There will be an Evening Meal at The Feathers on Saturday evening at 7.30.
Accommodation.... If you are not into camping here is a short list of B&Bs.
Dove Lodge, 21 Woodside Avenue, Dersingham, Kings Lynn. PE31 6QB 01485 540053 Holkham Cottage, 34 Hunstanton Road, Dersingham. PE31 6HQ 01485 544562 The White House, 44 Hunstanton Road, Dersingham. PE31 6HQ 01485 541895 Diglea Caravan & Camping Park, 32 Beach Road, Snettisham. PE31 7RA 01485 541367
Contact.... Nigel Elliott on 07950853505 or Email [email protected]
Nigel Drayton on 07775947660
[email protected]
NB..... You can arrive on site Friday April 28 any time after 3 pm
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

I managed to put a few miles on Lurch using the original rebuilt engine. Did an oil change, topped up Diff oils, hub levels, grease points all on the Friday morning. Packed the camping gear in the back. Set off for Dersingham at about 10:30am. Driving along A and B roads, in to London to cross the Thames via the Woolwich ferry, then up through Epping Forest heading towards Ely. Several stops along the way to get out and have a walk around. Not because I had to, but I am still supposedly running the engine in!
Got to Dersingham by about 8pm. So roughly 6 hours of actual driving and 4 hours of stops spread out over the day.
Saturday spent doing the road run and then playing in the "bomb holes" when we got back, evening meal at the pub, then bed.
Sunday, decided not go on the train ride but to stay and drive round the site. It is acutually quite difficult to find some were to drive a Haflinger off road other than Green lanes in every day life, so seized the opportuninty to send the that driving in and out of the trees, humps and bumps and bomb holes.
It decided to rain during Sunday night and I discovered that my tent of 5 years is in need of some waterproofing - I got a bit damp, not wet, but damp. Monday morning packed up and was driving home by about 9:30am. Similar 6 hours'ish driving and less stops so home early evening.

Total of about 370 mile round trip with no break downs or issues. Roughly 30MPG - I still have some fuel left in the tank so fuel consumption is probably better than 30mpg!

Overall, a good weekend away, driving the Haflinger and chatting to like minded people over the weekend.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

Hi John - glad it went well despite you getting a bit damp.

Wow 370 miles out of a tank - I only get about 160 miles. I just a got a new hobby car - a Jaguar XJ12 and the Haf only gives a bit better fuel consumption than the Jag.

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
jhon

Post by jhon »

Well done on that lengthy trip John, certainly more than I would be prepared to do.

Although I use mine almost every day for short trips, it's great that folks like yourself are out and about putting the miles in.

That must have proven the engine - are you happy overall now with the performance/reliability?
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Sorry to disappoint you Gary, not 370 mile out of a tank. I filled the tank up 3 times during the weekend so as not risk running the fuel down to the bottom. So we are taliking about 140 miles or so and then a stop, fill up with fuel, fill up with food and drink, empty the body before carrying on. There is still fuel in the tank fromthe last fill up, so I was being very conservative about filling up before runing out of petrol. I have done 160 plus on a tank before now, but what with running the engine in still I was being careful!

Engine is running well, some more miles and then an oil and filter change and I should be able to go to the 1200 mile service intervals after that.

John

AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

Phew - that is a relief so we are similar - what I find amazing is that a 700kg two cylinder vehicle doing 65kph only gets a little better fuel consumption than my 5.3litre, V12 cruising at 110kph.

Glad you had a great trip and Lurch held up well.

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)